Topic: Washburn X33 any experience/opinions?

Has anyone here had experience using a Washburn X33? I see its a 3 single coil pick up guitar with a good spec. Where would would it be placed in a line up of  Squire Afinity Strat, Fender Mexican Strat and Fender USA Strat? Whats the sound quality, build quality, components be like in comparison?
I already own a Washburn BT2 Maverick and really like the sound and the build quality and finish is excellent so wondered what their 3 single coil guitar would be like. Also any one in England got one? (for Sale??) If your near to Wiltshire (100 miles) I would like to have the oportunity of trying one out before I go to the bother of trying to track one down as i feel it might be a good instrument for me.
thanks for your time
Ken

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill know to man.
Landing is the 1st.

2 (edited by vheissu 2008-11-10 10:04:37)

Re: Washburn X33 any experience/opinions?

Hey Ken...

I have been a big Washburn fan for around 3 years now... And have a D10S12 on my stand at home big_smile

I was also quite a well known member on the washburn forums for a very long time (until my internet went bust) So I know a fair amount about washburn (probably more than I do about any other guitars)

The X33 is an extremely nice guitar... I found one second hand in a guitar shop once and although I had no way of affording it, I most definitely had a play big_smile

I find the neck is fast, the sound is great... However, I would suggest (if possible) going for one higher up the X range... I would suggest the X40...

The X40 still has the trem but it has 2 seymour duncan humbuckers instead of three washburn singles... However, this all depends on the sound you're after... Single coil pickups may suit your style more...

As said... the X33 is very nice... I like the entire X range and infact the X50PROFE is on my guitar wishlist big_smile

Hope I've been able to help

Ben

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated I'm looking to replace my existing cheap 'strat copy' hence looking for 3 x single coil options with improved quality I just feel the X33 would fit the bill but heho dont do it in this country it would appear. thanks again. K

Landing is the 1st.

Yeah, I too live in England, and finding any dealers with new Washburns in can be a bit of a pain. No one really "stocks" them. But surely your local music shop will order one in on a sale or return basis for you to try?

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing

Hi Vheissu, thanks for your response, having been unable to locate a X33 i've decided to put it on the back burner for a while and go for a Burns Marquee (another itch that needed scratching!) see new request. Now I expect to see X33's coming out in droves but I'll hold off for a year to give the burns a run. i have got the Maverick which is darn good to play.
Thanks for your responses though.
cheers
Ken

Landing is the 1st.