1 (edited by jets60 2009-02-23 00:16:37)

Topic: My Second Song

Okay let me know what you all think

She's Gone Jeff Gilpin - March 1, 2007

1st Verse

[D/A]Watching life with wonder

[D/A]So cute and yet so shy

[Cadd9]Watching her grow up

[D/A]My how time goes by

2nd Verse

She's still my little girl

Who's now all grown and strong

It seems it was just yesterday...

but yesterdays are gone

Chorus

[E]I'm scared that if I [D#]blink

that she'll be [D]gone

(repeat)

3rd Verse

I wish that she still needs me

she doesn't any more

she gets by and I just sigh

'cause I know what's in store

4th Verse

I know she has to leave

It's only a matter of time

Before my precious girl is

out of sight but not out of mind

chorus X1

repeat 1st verse (music only)

ending chorus

[E]I think that if I [D#]blink

she'll be [D]gone

[E]oops I [D#] blinked...[D7]

Looking for comments...
© Jeff Gilpin 2009

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: My Second Song

Hello jets60 - Very nice song Jeff - sweet and oh-so-true!  I also have a daughter.  She will going off to college in a few short months and I can identify with your lyric's sentiment.  Like you, I am proud of her strength and independence but I also miss the days when we would hold hands and go for an adventure walk around the block.

I would like to see the chords placed within your words - could you take a minute and read the "Post Formatted Songs" thread at the top of Songwriter's Forum?  Putting a song into the neccessary ChorpPro format is simple.  Then, when it is posted in the forum it will look all pretty and proper.

Look forward to seeing more of your creations on the forum.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hey James,

Thanks, you totally got what I was trying to say as well. She's leaving in any where from a few weeks to a few months and I couldn't think of the right way to let her know how I felt.

I'll correct the format right away.

Jets/Jeff

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hello Jets/Jeff,

I saw your song "She's Gone" last night and my first thoughts were that I liked the lyrics but I thought that there were too few chord changes to make the melody interesting. How wrong I was, I produced my usual backing track, and than sang and played to it. The lovely combination of chord changes have produced a haunting and moving melody, so appropriate for the lyrics.

I say well done and keep them coming.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger. I thought it fit too. I wrote the words first and then tried to figure a melody to go with them and it worked out. Using a Cadd9 in place of the E in the chorus works too but the E sounds fine to me. I need to figure out what to write next now. By the way, both you and James are song writing machines. Thanks for the inspiration and I'll try to come up with more songs.

J  E  T  S