Topic: case

i need a case bad and im wondering if i should get a hardshell or the softer one

Re: case

soft case is a lot easier if you want to walk places with your guitar. I've got a soft case that I can carry liek a backpack and it really convenient for going places with a guitar. Hard cases are really heavy and not really necessary unless your putting your guitar in a vehicle with a bunch of other gear or flying on plane. I switch to a hardcase when I fly places but the rest of the time the soft case is sufficient (and cheaper).

Hi geneseoguitars25,

I would say it depends on how much value you put on your guitar. A hard case gives it far better ptotection but is cumbersome to carry around. A gig bag does not give the same protection but is more convenient and as jimmieandgennies remarked many can be carried as a back pack. I have both an electric and an acoustic, neither cost a fortune, but I would never put either in an soft case. To me the inconvenience of carrying two guitars in cases is far outweighed by my peace of mind knowing they are secure.

At the end of the day though, I think it is down to personal preference.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

<b></b><font size="3"><font color="blue"><font face="Century">Hard case offers more protection, is lockable and reasonably<font color="blue"></font><font face="Century"></font><font size="2"></font> weatherproof. It's also heavy, bulky, and a real hassle to carry around. A gig back will be easier to carry, offers limited protection but if you drop your acoustic in a gig bag it will still have a high probability of damage. I have both...most pawn shops will have a stack of gig bags in the back and you can usually buy one for $10 or even less if they know you. I also put stickers and stuff on my hard cases to make them stand out...people sometimes have a tendancy to walk off with them and I want to be able to easily spot mine...</font></font></font>

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.