Topic: Bombs Fell On London

This one's about the 2nd world war, and continues my latest project about war, a detestable subject, but something we shouldnt blame our fighting men for, as they are doing their duty, and saving us from the likes of Hitler.

Bombs Fell On LondonUndefined

[A]The battle is over the [Bm]armies moved on

Far [A]away in the distance the [E]fighting goes on

The [A]wounded are tended the [Bm]dead laid to rest

[A]Farewell to your comrades who [E]fell in the mess

Will their [A]names be forgotten as [Bm]time passes by

Will you [A]think of the fallen where they [E]lay in the ground

Hear the [A]grieving of mothers who's [Bm]sons wont return

When [A]war comes again and more [E]sons will go

chorus 1

And the [D]bombs fell on London

And the [A]people did cry

While the houses burned down

And the [E]flames in the [A]sky same chords for all verses

Soldiers don't talk as they wit in the night

Huddled `round camp fires no moon in the sky

Knowing tomorrow may be their last day

Staring to heaven as their life slips away

chorus 2

Far out on the ocean

The sailors will drown

As their ship gets blown up

And the flames in the sky

Lights flash on the skyline is that thunder we hear?

As the bombs fell on London and we all live in fear

All our soldiers are hero's

All our sailors are too

And the men in the air force

All hero's and true

chorus 3

The silence is shattered

The birds fly away

As the bombs fell on London

And the flames in the sky

solo[E]-[A]-[E]-[A]||-[E]-[A]-[E]-[A]

Repeat chorus 1, 2 and 3

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Bombs Fell On London

this is now on my space, if you'd like to hear it

Another moving and poignant song from you I have not listened to it yet but im betting its in 6/4 waltz time (I could be mistaken) great lyrics Phill I will go and listen and see if my guess is right, if not it wont be the first time I was mistaken well done smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

well i was close its in 3/4 its a little faster then I imagined and the accordion effect really sounds great nice work on this one my welsh friend smile

Hi Phill
Another little "gem" of a recording. Foot tapping nice catchy melody. Liked the harmonies.
Always been interested in the 2nd world war as my Father served in the Bomb disposal and had to deal with some of the unexploded bombs that fell on London during that time...
Ark

Very nice phil - kind of has a throwback sound to it.  I like it.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Brilliant Phil...I enjoyed this very much well done young man..marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Marcalan told me about this song today,

Said " I must go listen " i did Phill . he was right
a very catchy little tune, enjoyed it very much as always.. While there ive had your other songs playing,,

Silence of soldiers" is so good also.

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Phill smile

This really does have a throw back to the war feel to it.Well done. smile
Good job on the harmonies, mixing and choice of instruments.

Another keeper from you.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Phill,
I just listened to this song and your others.
Fantastic!! and well recorded.

well done

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

hi folks, thanks for all your kind comments, i've been really bizzy of late and haven't had a chance to call in and look properly.

1. hi ken recieved you friend request and i welcome it, i'm a big fan of your work too

2. hi kenny, throw back? i just write what comes into my head dear friend and play it the way it feels...thanks to you too

3. hi lena, and marc for directing you...glad you both like it

4. hello jeff, nice to hear from you, what another throw back...now i do feel old lol

5. hi ark, my dad was in the navy as a gunner, he would never talk about it, and when i asked if he'd ever killed any one he just said "well i pointed my gun, but i can't say..." thats how the older generation is i guess.

6. hi russ, haven't heard from you for a while either, how are the sessions coming? i like that word "poignant"... tell me how does 6/4 go any way? thanks mate and thanks to you all, as a pat on the back from you guys means the world to me

phill

Hi Phill I aint heard from you in a spell my sessions are going well i did one saturday and Im slated for another later next week, the best way to discribe 6/4 time is the song "take it to the limit" by the Eagles its counted as 123456 and the beat falls on 2 and 6 but not every measure the next 4 bars it could fall on 3 and 6 but its concidered waltz time and keep up the good work on your songs im a fan smile

Phill Williams wrote:

6. hi russ, haven't heard from you for a while either, how are the sessions coming? i like that word "poignant"... tell me how does 6/4 go any way? thanks mate and thanks to you all, as a pat on the back from you guys means the world to me

phill

thanks russ and thanks for explaining 6/4, cant see me trying that for a while even though "take it to the limit" is a favourite of mine.

glad your happy with your sessions, cant wait to hear the result...keep me a copy of the CD i want it!!!

it's snowing here at the moment, so what's it like with you, hope it wont affect the sessions

phill

Phill your song "God is it time" is in 6/4 its not like this song which is in 3/4 but both times are concidered "waltz time" and as soon as I get a copy I will send it to you, and we are having beautiful weather at the moment its up to 40 degrees(above zero for a change) dont know how long it will last but im enjoying it along with the rest of the people in wisconsin chat soon my welsh friend russ. ps. I spoke with the owner about the Chordie CD project and were gonna have a meeting and see if we can hash out the logistics smile

well i'm shocked, songs just come out as they are, if a beat seems right i just use it!

thanks for pointing that out.

we had a heavy snow fall last night, first big one in llanelli since about 1983, i remember as thats when my daughter was born! it's thawing out now, but it will stay cold for another few days at least.

good news about the chordie CD, but i was refering to your own CD, let me know about both, you know you will have my support and any help i can offer.

stay warm

phill

Phill I was referring to both, we are in the process of transferring data(tracks)from my BR-8 to there Pro tools equipment about 22 original songs of mine and we will be discussing the Chordie Project as the owner who wishes to publish my music and promote it is interested in this global collaboration,at present there are only around 11 songs nominated we need at least 24 to make a 2 CD package which will include artwork for the cover designs as well as distribution and the proceeds will be donated to yet to be determined charities minus some for the studio time and other expenses but I estimate over 90% of the proceeds from sales which include digital downloads for IPods will be given to these charities and when the time comes to gather up the songs (one track at a time for mixing purposes) I will inform the participating members as we will need a bio of each and a photo for promotional use both for the Cd's and for the artists benefit,keep in mind this will take time because its a big project and must be done right the first time I will keep everyone posted when I have more information to give,we have a few cold days coming in the next few days but next week it will be in the 40 degree range and I'm looking forward to getting out of my crib and going a few places so take care my friend and we will chat when we both have a few moments smile

Phill Williams wrote:

well I'm shocked, songs just come out as they are, if a beat seems right i just use it!

thanks for pointing that out.

we had a heavy snow fall last night, first big one in llanelli since about 1983, i remember as thats when my daughter was born! it's thawing out now, but it will stay cold for another few days at least.

good news about the chordie CD, but i was refering to your own CD, let me know about both, you know you will have my support and any help i can offer.

stay warm

phill

hi phill just catching up,working hard again no ttime to write,listend to your song,a lovelytribute to our soldiers and a great recording,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool