Topic: TuxGuitar (Tablature editing software)

Hey Chordians,

Here's a great software I just learned about through a friend of a friend. We were discussing software for guitarists and he showed me this gem:

http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/

For those of you who know GuitarPro, it will be an easy switch. The big difference with Tuxguitar is that, not only is it open-source (meaning it's free to use / distribute), but it can also play different files for various programs (ie: Powertabs) as well as GuitarPro files. This means you won't have to install several versions of the same type of software to play your songs.

You can find guitarpro or powertab files on the most common guitar tablature websites like 911tabs.com or ultimate-guitar.com. I find using these tab files very useful for learning complicated pieces because the software allows you to "play" the tab and hear what the music sounds like as you're reading it. This was essential for me when I began learning acoustic fingerstyle pieces like those from Andy McKee and Don Ross.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy smile

J.

NB: for you programmers out there, you can also join the developers' network if you'd like to improve TuxGuitar as it's Open Source.

Re: TuxGuitar (Tablature editing software)

Nice! Thank You!! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]