Re: Do you ever have "One of those Days"?

YOU'VE CURSED ME.  I couldn't play anything right tonight.  And God forbid a song have an Bm or a B7 in it.  Granted, those are related to the Evil B, but aren't in and of themselves evil. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Some days you have it and some days you don't. Can't explain... well maybe someone out there would know how to explain it but I can't. don't get discouraged it'll come back again. One thing I do know if my fingers are cold or my fingernails or too long or some slight difference with YOU not the guitar it can make a bigger difference than you would think.

All You Need is Love smile

Playing six nights a week in a bar, there are evenings when everything sounds lousy. However on those same nights, people have stopped by and said the band has never sounded better.
Conversely, I have been happy with our sound and had a close friend ask what was wrong with us that night.
Some days we're the windshield and some days we're the bug.
On a bug day we are least qualified to judge our own performance.
Only long experience teaches us what indicators to ignore and what criticisms to take to heart on a life long quest for excellence.
Just hang in there, Sunshine. Tomorrow will be a brighter day.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Zurf wrote:

YOU'VE CURSED ME.  I couldn't play anything right tonight.  And God forbid a song have an Bm or a B7 in it.  Granted, those are related to the Evil B, but aren't in and of themselves evil. 

- Zurf

Too weird Bm's one of my favorite chords. Barre trouble perhaps?

All You Need is Love smile

Mutants Unite!

We gotta figure out what is wrong with the way our good friend Zurf approaches those dreaded B and F chords.... it's just not fair that he has to go to such lengths to avoid them. But seriously some days the magic just isn't there.... a lot of it has to do with one's frame of mind.  Did you have a really bad day and feeling the stress?  Just my opinion, it does reflect on everything we do and sometimes it is good and others it's not so good.  Tomorrow is another day and things change....

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare