Re: What kind of guitar do you have?

Ken, I believe this topic should be in the ELECTRIC or ACOUSTIC section, but WHERE can people post a question like this.
ELECTRICS: PRS custom 24, PRS EG the 3 models (s-s-s, s-s-h and h-s-h) US made, I have them 2 years price from 700 - 1000$ and today almost impossible to find and if you see one: price = 2X)
PRS SE Billy Martin, GIBSON LP Custom (2, 1 original 1968, the other 1978), a LP SUPREME, Epihone Sheraton (old model)Fender Stratocaster 1964, telecaster California Beach reissue 1952 custom shop, Variax 700, Burns 2X6,  DUESENBERG 49er = cheapest but the best I ever had.
ACOUSTICS: Martin D-1 (El/ac) D-15, HD-28, D45V, D-1-12. Gibson: SJ-200 custom shop Montana Gold, Hummingbird 1 early 60ties, the other 1978, a Dove, Yamaha F300 with hummingbird pick guard , Martin Backpacker.
I believe this list is correct

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

GnL ASAT classic (telecaster) in 3-tone sunburst - super guitar to play
Ibanez RG370 (Jewel blue) - easy to play - standard pickups are not very good

Line6 15watt amp

(just a beginner at present - but the GnL is a professional level guitar - no doubt about that)

Guitars

Gibson ES-175
Taylor NS74-CE
Lowden L25

Banjo's

Gibson Mastertone 5-string (circa 1950's)
Vega VIP 5-string, made by CF Martin (circa late 60's)

Currently hunting for a second-hand Ovation

I have a '89 Martin D-35.

By a quick review of responses it seems I am several guitars short to be considered a serious player. Perhaps a better investment than that stock market in any case.

I play a fender stratocaster //fender acoustic and a LTD ex 50

181 (edited by StratDude 2009-01-27 22:30:27)

Awesome Honalou2008 i play a Fender strat 2, also a tele, and an origanal Hummingbird acoustic

StratDude wrote:

Awesome Honalou2008 i play a Fender strat 2, also a tele, and an origanal Hummingbird acoustic

Hey Stratdude,
   What part of NC you in? If you don't mind me asking...  We have a few others from NC on chordie. Topdown, Cameron , myself and I believe one other...-Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I have a Fender Strat, a Fender Tel, and a Wechter Pathfinder acoustic.

60's No name Classical with a Fishman p/u system.
90's Danelectro Hodad with dual humbuckers
60's Teisco Del Rey EP-7 with added piezo p/u
00's Fluke Ukulele Tenor with K&K pickup
00's Washburn Lyon Dreadnought converted to 5-String (originally found in the garbage, now one of my favorite instruments)
80's Washburn Piece of Crap 5-string Bass

I usually play my piezo instruments and generally plug into the PA. On the rare occasion I play with a magnetic pickup, I plug first into my Visual Sound Route 66 pedal and then into what ever small, tube amp I can borrow (lately I've used my drummer's 50's Silvertone 5w tube amp and love it.)

[url]http://www.myspace.com/stevewaltherorchestra[/url]

1964 Gibson SG -(black w/french heel)  completely original - purchased in 1965 for about $260.00 - Have no idea what it might be worth, but I've played it so long, no other guitar feels the same or fingers the same. (very old dude here!)

I rip on a Jackson DK2 Dinky Soloist series with a Floyd Rose. smile my baby

I'm a newbie to the guitar world - can't understand why it took me so long to buckle down and get going with it. Santa brought me a Godin Exit 22 for Christmas and then I decided I needed another (a bit of GAS, I guess!) for taking out to lessons, cottage and just messing around with (saving my new guitar from the hell) and bought a used Godin Freeway Classic. I'm having a ball and some day I will be able to actually play!

Mr Godin wrote:

I'm a newbie to the guitar world - can't understand why it took me so long to buckle down and get going with it. Santa brought me a Godin Exit 22 for Christmas and then I decided I needed another (a bit of GAS, I guess!) for taking out to lessons, cottage and just messing around with (saving my new guitar from the hell) and bought a used Godin Freeway Classic. I'm having a ball and some day I will be able to actually play!

Nice choices! Godin is a great brand, especially for semi-acoustics. Here in Montreal, they're rampant, but I have a hard time finding good deals on used ones for some reason =/.

Here's a list of my gems:

Guild GAD-50E - acoustic
Tanglewood TW-55 Special Edition - acoustic
Fender Telecaster - electric

Next purchase:

Martin D-15 solid mahogany

Update:  Gretsch 5120 (heavily modified), gretsch 5122, gretsch Pro Jet, Gretsch 6119, Taylor GA3

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

blackwhitearmy wrote:

Ive gotten myself an Alvarez AD60SCBK. Its a nice shiny black and plays like a dream!

I also have AD60sc, mines not black though. I love this guitar.

I also have an older Tele (usa made) sunburst...when I was younger i listened to Bruce Springsteen and Waylon Jennings respectively...gotta love the Tele.

I have 3 other cheapies, but they served their purpose for me. I'd love to get a nice Taylor or Martin, and a baritone and resonator of some kind.

Electrics:

Epiphone Les Paul 100 (sunburst)
Warriors P.O.S. Strat knock-off (blue velvet)
ESP EC 1000 (Quilted Maple See-Thru Green)
Ibanez Artcore AG75 (sunburst)
Peavey millenium Bass (see thru grey)

Acoustics

Ibanez AEL20E (transparent blue sunburst)
mid 80s japanese Fender 12 string
early 70's German made Weller cut away classical acoustic

I just bought a TTM Slayer. Nice guitar, good value for money. TTMguitars.com

Ibanez AES37 & Epiphone Les Paul

But, here's the secret about the guitar: It's defiant. It will never let you conquer it. The more that you get involved with it, the more you realize how little you know.
                 Les Paul  March 2007

I have a Fender acoustic and I just barely bought a Martin Custom D.  It is great.  I love the sound.
HalfSarg, my dad was assigned to Spangdahlem in 1965 and was diverted to Sembach.  I went to high school in Ktown.  I have lived in that area many times in my life.  Glad to meet you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

i have a yamaki ay374 that is great  the sound and the action are unmatched

Acoustic: First guitar was 1965 or so Gibson J-50 too much bass with jumbo strings. Changed to a Taylor 710 in 1990 and never looked back.

Electric: Fender Mexican Strat

ACOUSTIC:
- Seagull 25th Anniversary (solid spruce & mahogany)
- Bright red Korean-made "Espanola" ($75 new blem). Surprisingly, it sounds OK.

ELECTRIC:
- '73 Telecaster

i play two different kinds of Ovation accoustic electric....T Series Elite and a balladier.  i also have a Fender Bullet.

I just added a Martin Custom D, with Rosewood sides and back to mine.  I love it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

200 (edited by alexpress 2009-03-25 08:12:17)

Hi just an update.

My wife bought me a Vintage single cone chrome resonator for christmas to add to the others. I love it and her too for buying it.

I also decided to leave the Telecaster in open G.  I just love playing "If I had Possession Over Judgement Day" with slide  on it. I also play "Brown Sugar", "Honky Tonk Women" and "Start Me Up" on it.

Hofner Galaxie - red 1960
Hondo II jumbo acoustic - sunburst 1980s?
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster Seymour Duncan pick-ups - black 1997
Gibson Les Paul Standard- wine 1993
Tanglewood Tennessee- red electro acoustic 2005
Fender USA Telecaster - two tone sunburst 2006