Topic: awesome guitar song to impress friends?

i need a song that will impress the crap out of ppl ik alot of songs but none of them are really hard and im a better like (person taught) kinda person so if u have a video that shows how to play it that would be nice too thanks fellow guitarists!!

2 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-02-10 20:54:17)

Re: awesome guitar song to impress friends?

How hard? Acoustic or electric? What's your current playing level? What songs do you play now? Just need something to get an idea from wink -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Look on youtube for easy guitar video,s .lots on there.

hi superfiedballer,

You could always give acoustic fingerstyle a shot if your techniques are good and clean.

Here's a song by Andy Mckee called Ebon Coast which I'm learning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSnWhsmlGec

And here's a tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8hy9gptnLc

Good Luck! =P

Wanna impress some people really really easy on your electric guitar? Learn how to two-hand tap.  And learn some pinch harmonics.  Then crank your gain and mids and have fun.  If it's acoustic you're playing, try "Tears In Heaven" by Clapton.  Play it fingerstyle like Clapton does, and see if you can incorporate the melody a little bit.  Play it with lots of feeling-that always seems to impress people.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

best new girl band in england check it out at www.myspace.com/mascaramyspace

7 (edited by aabb 2009-03-24 01:55:50)

Henry Phillips--Guitar Pill
  If that don't light your fire,- your woods wet!

Ron

superfiedballer wrote:

i need a song that will impress the crap out of ppl ik alot of songs but none of them are really hard and im a better like (person taught) kinda person so if u have a video that shows how to play it that would be nice too thanks fellow guitarists!!

I Know A Little by Lynerd Skynerd, learn how to play and sing it, do a medly of blue swede shoes, whole lotta shakin' goin' on and Roy Orbinson's mean woman blues, in the middle, and close it with Alvin Lee's I'm goin' home from his set at Woodstock................ Want to knock em' dead.............. There you go !!!

To really impress your friends you should write your own song and play it for them because anyone that can play can copy someone elses stuff. Make it a song about them and it will be a hit.

Umm I'm not sure if you get into this kinda stuff but

Nirvana songs are fairly easy, and often sound complicated.

"Policeman shouts but I don't see him/ They're one thing I don't believe in"
-Tomorrow, 'My White Bicycle'

Learn Classical Gas. That song'll impress anyone who isn't deaf and dumb....

Syd1994 wrote:

thanks! i'll remember that and check them out coz i'd really love to be able to play some nirvana

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

13 (edited by bensonp 2009-06-24 14:26:34)

Linus has it.  Classical Gas will impress anyone.  I am learning it now, although, very very slowly.  You get that one down and you'll be the man.  Mike Herbert has a lesson on Youtube.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I agree Classical Gas is a good instrumental song to learn.  Other good ones that people like are "Walk Don't Run" or "Tequilla."  If you sing too, you might want to concentrate on impressing them with the vocals as well.  Nirvana has a lot of good songs for that too.

Women seem to love Tom Petty "Free Falling". It's brain dead easy so you're mostly just singing.

Nirvana's "Come as you are" is easy also and everyone loves that.  Sounds great on Acoustic also.

If you have two guitars hand one to someone who can half ass play and just strum America "Horse with no name". Easiest song on planet Earth and easy to sing to also. It's impressive to have mad skills but everyone will love you if you go out of your way like that to teach someone and they sound good right away. If it's a girl you're basically fishing with a net.

Good luck!! - Shane

camdener wrote:
Syd1994 wrote:

thanks! i'll remember that and check them out coz i'd really love to be able to play some nirvana

i did look them up and had a lot of fun playing them - thanks!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls