Topic: UPDATE ON CHORDIE PROJECT

This is a report on where I am with this proposed project,I spoke with the owner of Trax Studios where I am recording my CD about this idea and he presented me with a number of problems we are likely going to have to face for this to happen.
1. The engineers in the studio are going to have to agree to provide there time and talents for free, even if in the future this CD set makes money for charity and some of it will be used to compensate them for there time and efforts they will have to wait as will the graphic artists and everyone connected with the production and distribution of this project and the reality is there are few who will agree to do this beyond all the generous individual composers on Chordie who have freely donated there time and abilities.
2.OK lets assume for a moment that everyone will defer till a later date to be compensated and the songs are mixed and the artwork and distribution is set and this bird is ready to liftoff there will still need to be in place a financial institution and a foundation with a fiduciary agent to distribute the proceeds to the various charities we select(someone to pass out the money) and quite frankly I am in uncharted waters here,my best guess would be something like the Tiger Woods Foundation or a similar reputable charitable organization or someone like Geldof,Willy Nelson who have raised funds in the past successfully,contact would have to be established with them someway to assume this responsibility.
3.lastly,if none of these seeds sprout and take root I just want to say a big Thanks to everyone who offered there compositions or agreed to help it was a humane gesture and God bless you for it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: UPDATE ON CHORDIE PROJECT

Hi Russ
Thanks for your time and effort in seeing into the feasibility of this project.
Maybe the problems your've set out here are perhaps to difficult to surmount.
But then again I've been wrong before   smile
Ark

Ark you may be right this time but there are other possibilities I thought of as a backups in case this first idea fails and I will wait to hear from Trax studios before I move in another direction but I cant say more till this attempt is unsuccessful I will wait for the final word before acting if necessary the same company that manufactured my first two Cd's can provide the artwork and manufacturing but there's still a mountain to climb and I'm sharpening the spurs on my boots lol so keep the faith this ain't over yet smile

Meaning no offense to our brothers and sisters across the pond.... if I recall correctly we had discussions early on in this that we might encounter a few "speed bumps" such as this.  I use the term "speed bump" in lieu of "barrier" as we tend to be stubborn over here on this side of the waters, and hate being told "you can't".  The impossible just takes a bit more time and a different approach perhaps.  Russell is sharpening his cramp-ons, and I'm sure if we put our heads together we will find a way to make it happen.

They told Columbus he would sail off the edge of the planet, and although he didn't get to the Indies.... well you get the idea!

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.... Oops not a good choice of words there.... anybody know a good divorce lawyer? LOL

Keep the Faith and Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

moi stubborn lol yes!! Doug thanks for your encourgment, I wonder where would humanity be today if at the first sign of rough waters the explorers dropped sail and waited for fair weather. I know this isnt going to be handed on a silver plate few things in life are and reaching a goal is not as much fun as the journey taken "but that the cause be noble tis reason enough for the effort" or something along those lines and woe onto the naysayers there lot is mediocrity! Arkady excluded lol   

Doug_Smith wrote:

Meaning no offense to our brothers and sisters across the pond.... if I recall correctly we had discussions early on in this that we might encounter a few "speed bumps" such as this.  I use the term "speed bump" in lieu of "barrier" as we tend to be stubborn over here on this side of the waters, and hate being told "you can't".  The impossible just takes a bit more time and a different approach perhaps.  Russell is sharpening his cramp-ons, and I'm sure if we put our heads together we will find a way to make it happen.

They told Columbus he would sail off the edge of the planet, and although he didn't get to the Indies.... well you get the idea!

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.... Oops not a good choice of words there.... anybody know a good divorce lawyer? LOL

Keep the Faith and Take Care;
Doug

may i make a little suggestion?

if worst comes to worst, and the speed bump [otherwise known this side of the pond as a sleeping policeman...aren't they all?] becomes an insurmountable mountain! couldn't we just post the songs on to a "my-space" type pay to listen website? the funds could be collected into a paypal account and distributed to the various charitable causes by mutual consent.

i'm trying....so my wife says, very trying!

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill thats a possibility even if my efforts are successful, the more exposure the better and Randy (riddler) is really top notch on web sites and there creation,food for thought... good thinking my Welsh friend smile

I'll have access to some assistance here in Louisiana through Tipitina's Coop.

http://tipitinasmusicofficecoopshreveport.blogspot.com/

All of my work is available either as Public Domain or Share And Share Alike (Copyright Commons).

I'd be pleased to contribute whatever I can with the assistance of this new to me group of acquaintances at Tipitina's Shreveport.

(I'm willing to assist whether my material is on it or not, I like Chordie)

Unh Huh

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

That is very kind of you to offer your assistance every little bit helps, I will have more information as soon as I hear from the owner of the studio I am recording my CD in, and as soon as I get this I will relay it to everyone and as more songs are nominated for this project (we have 16 so far) I will add them to the list, I would like around 24 songs for a two CD package so theres going to be room for a few more including yours smile