Topic: whats your scale?

i was curious to know of everyone's favorite solo scale?  my personal favorite is the basic pentatonic shape.  I am looking to branh out a bit and wanted to see what you fellow soloers like to use.

So Red Delicious

Re: whats your scale?

all of them smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

sanguine wrote:

i was curious to know of everyone's favorite solo scale?  my personal favorite is the basic pentatonic shape.  I am looking to branh out a bit and wanted to see what you fellow soloers like to use.

Here's a link that provides a ton of scales, have fun;
http://12bar.de/scale_generator.php

Give everything but up.

My favourite scale is definitely The Blues Scale!

Phrygian.  At least until this dang song is done.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I'm very new to the whole idea of soloing around scales...I like to use a combo of the minor and harmonic minor scales for rock/metal type stuff, and I also use some combos of major pentatonic major blues stuff when messing around with bluesy or rock songs.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Pentatonic - (just the five pretty ones)
Major - Minors
Horizontal scales -

That should keep me going for a couple of years!

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

Having learned to improvise on sax as a kid, I like Dorian and Mixolydian which are the first scales I learned after the major and minor melodic.    Dorian is a great blues scale once you get the hang of the phrasing.

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

Mostly I just use what sounds best with the song. Once you get the hang of changing modes it helps ALOT!!!!!!! I mainly use major, minor. I love useing Phryian and Dorian when there is no melody so i can create one with those scales sometimes it does not work... In most casses I only use major, minor, major penta, minor penta. The penta scales give you alot when you want something really fat but if you can learn how to mix them with the minor and major scale you can get something even fatter. Like I said first though just use what feels and sounds good with the music.

Favorite "Penatonic "          Least Favorite   "Bathroom Scale"

Later, Wayne P