Topic: I'm Back

It's been quite awhile since I was on the computer, so here goes a new subject.

Do you have any songs that just erk you to no end when you here it?

There are several that make me want to destroy my radio when they come on.

I love most all music, but there are some that should never have happened.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

2 (edited by bensonp 2009-03-07 00:22:31)

Re: I'm Back

Anything by Britney Spears and most rap songs.
Oh, yeah, and Hanna Montana.  I can't think of any by name at the moment.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

The Macarena. Celine Dions version of "Shook Me All Night Long" (that one can actually make you throw up in yuor mouth)

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

anything by tiny tim smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Fake drums.............

Give everything but up.

Anything that has Bono sounding like a castrated cat. Waste of skin.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Hi eagleeye and welcome back

I hate anything by

the spice girls
boyzone
britney
any teeny bop manufactured band apart from the monkees
slayer
nepalm death
any heavy rock that you cannot make out the singing or the growling just like nepalm death

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

For me it's Jesica Simpson. The only thing that she's got is her body, and we all know what happens to that in time.

Paris Hilton is another one. She can't sing. She can't act, and if she had my paycheck, she'd have nothing.

9 (edited by ozymandias 2009-03-08 19:15:50)

geoaguiar wrote:

The Macarena. Celine Dions version of "Shook Me All Night Long" (that one can actually make you throw up in yuor mouth)

Oh yeah,  anything by Celine Dion or Whitney Houston, Michael Bolton or Debbie Boone AND later Rod Stewart,  makes me hit the off button on my radio faster than lightning!

Oh and certain whiny, screaming emo tunes.  My dentist plays a local "soft pop" radio station, WHOM 94.9 and it drives me to distraction if the visit last longer than 15 minutes.  Because the above people I listed are the main "artists" played on that station.  <barf>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

This would be a long list for me but Ill keep it short. I really cant stand the Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana. I have a 9 year old who loves them, so Im a little burnt.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

selso,
My 11 year old is growing out of Hannah Montana, but now it's the Jonas Brothers. So I can understand.

ozymandias,
The dentist plays softer music to help the pain killer set in.

eagleeye5851 wrote:

selso,
My 11 year old is growing out of Hannah Montana, but now it's the Jonas Brothers. So I can understand.

ozymandias,
The dentist plays softer music to help the pain killer set in.

When I have work that takes a while to do.  I bring my CD or cassette tape player and blot out the wretched noise. 

As for softer music, well, in a MAD magazine segment I read awhile ago.  Whitney Houston's voice at her full volume was known to cause sterility in lab mice.  Celine Dion's was known to cause terminal ear drum ruptures.  And Michael Bolton's, well the carnage from his last concert has yet to be calculated. 

<grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg