Topic: Girl Scout Cookies

I made the mistake of buying several boxes of cookies from these hard working, polite  young ladies. I bought my hottie wife a few boxes of thin mints, which she places in the freezer and makes 'em last several months, unless I  find 'em after mine are all gone! I HAD a box of Lemon Chalet Cremes and a box of Samoas. I don't know what happened, I went to bed last night and when I awoke, BOTH boxes were empty! I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive that we were burglarized. Any of you folks had similar experiences with these boxes of culinary perfection ? Just curious, I'm thinkin' of filing a report............

Give everything but up.

Re: Girl Scout Cookies

My landlords daughter is a girl scout and every year I buy about four boxes of samoas from her so far my landlord hasn't raised the rent so I'll keep buying those cookies, unfortunatly they dont last to long as I am a big cookie fan it go's good with the ice cream a substitute for beer which I had to give up a few years ago this combination puts on pounds just like beer but without the hangovers in the mornning smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Did you notice the 10% reduction in quantity that they did this year... I usually buy them but they are getting a bit pricey for me. I'd rather just donate directly to the local den.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

4 (edited by badeye 2009-03-11 09:39:59)

SouthPaw41L wrote:

I made the mistake of buying several boxes of cookies from these hard working, polite  young ladies. I bought my hottie wife a few boxes of thin mints, which she places in the freezer and makes 'em last several months, unless I  find 'em after mine are all gone! I HAD a box of Lemon Chalet Cremes and a box of Samoas. I don't know what happened, I went to bed last night and when I awoke, BOTH boxes were empty! I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive that we were burglarized. Any of you folks had similar experiences with these boxes of culinary perfection ? Just curious, I'm thinkin' of filing a report............

munch,munch, munch, ooooh Southpaw these cookies are good. munch , munch.    lol

cool  Badeye .

one caper after another

Got milk?

Nela

My wife is a Cookie Mom.  Girl Scout cookies have taken over my household for the past several months.  There are CASES of cookies in my wife's van.  Or were until I posted that on the internet.  I should just call the auto glass repair place right now.  Yeah, we've got cookies. 

The ice cream shop we frequent bought up a bunch of thin mints, crushed them, and put them into ice cream as the flavor of the day yesterday.  Yummmmmm.  I'd ship you some Russell, but I think the box would get soggy.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

My wife is a Cookie Mom.  Girl Scout cookies have taken over my household for the past several months.  There are CASES of cookies in my wife's van.  Or were until I posted that on the internet.  I should just call the auto glass repair place right now.  Yeah, we've got cookies. 

The ice cream shop we frequent bought up a bunch of thin mints, crushed them, and put them into ice cream as the flavor of the day yesterday.  Yummmmmm.  I'd ship you some Russell, but I think the box would get soggy.

- Zurf

Thin mints and Ice cream are a good combo... Russ if you really want some, give this a try
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2122/2332883063_6910313426.jpg?v=0

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Ive got three kids, cookies and snacks always come up missing at my house. We usally find the remains of empty boxes in my daughter's closet or under her bed. Even if I hide them, she'll find them. She's smart like that.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Drooooool slurp slurp lol

Guitarpix wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Thin mints and Ice cream are a good combo... Russ if you really want some, give this a try
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2122/233 … 26.jpg?v=0

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Here are the stars of the show;
http://www.girlscoutcookies.org/meet_cookies.asp

Give everything but up.

oh mercy, munch,  munch,  munch.

one caper after another

Just keep a close out out for the cookie thief.  He is nearer than you think.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

mmmmmmmm  all gone.  oooh crumbs.

one caper after another

badeye, you need to visit Girl Scout Cookies Anonymous.  Hello, I'm badeye and I am a CookieHolic

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

badeye, you need to visit Girl Scout Cookies Anonymous.  Hello, I'm badeye and I am a CookieHolic

very funny, i like it.   Hi im badeye, i've been cookie free for six months now.  lol.

cool    Badeye.

one caper after another

Have you ever taken some fig newtons, sprinkled on a little Tennessee Sippin' Whiskey and placed into the 'fridge to kinda chill? Adds a whole new meaning to "wanna cookie".

nela

I'll take 12 dozen Nela

Adult Cookie!!!!!!!!!

nela

Adult cookies eh , make a person fall off the wagon.  Some years ago I recieved a fruit cake
from Collins Street Bakery from Texas which had a recipie simmilar to Nela's fig newton idea.
I used two ounces of Moonshine for ten days, let it sit for a week and  phew rocket fuel cake.
Having a piece or two would get you half lit up. We had a party and the cake didnt last too long everyone loved it.

Badeye .. cool   cool

one caper after another

SouthPaw41L,
  Maybe your wife is geeting your cookies before you, so now you've got to eat her choice.

I know that I'll have a few disagreements, but here it goes:
I love the girl scouts, but I feel that they're being exploited to sell a pretty nasty, expensive cookie.
If I see these little girls busting their butts to try to sell them, I'll buy them, if I've got the money on me. However, all I see anymore is either adults, older siblings, or even older kids selling the cookies. It is a great Idea to get the children out to sell something. There are so many things that they learn, but still.
Awhile back I asked a girl scout what she gets for selling a box of cookies and her reply, with excietment, was that she would get fifty dollars off towards going to camp. I know now that they get so much more for going out to sell cookies, but if all they tell the kids is that they get a discount towards going to camp then that's crap. Yes I do buy girl scout cookies, but only from the girls that are out there busting their butts trying to accomplish their goal, and only if I've got the money.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

eagleeye5851 wrote:

SouthPaw41L,

I know that I'll have a few disagreements, but here it goes:
I love the girl scouts, but I feel that they're being exploited to sell a pretty nasty, expensive cookie.

Nasty, expensive ? Girl scout cookies are the best cookies on the face of the earth! I think you're just jealous that you can't wear those cool little outfits and sell 'em yourself...........(heha)

Give everything but up.

NELA wrote:

Have you ever taken some fig newtons, sprinkled on a little Tennessee Sippin' Whiskey and placed into the 'fridge to kinda chill? Adds a whole new meaning to "wanna cookie".

nela

This reminds me of my late Grandmother.. Several years ago I remember going over at night to check on her and her being really disoriented before bed. This happened 2-3 in a week span. We all thought it was a reaction to some of here medication and everyone was getting concerned. We talked to the Doc and couldn't figure anything out. Well it turns out that she was trying a homemade remedy that one of her friends had givin' her. They had gave her a bowl of raisins and told her to eat a few before bed and that it would help her sleep better. Well she loved raisins and was eating them by the handfulls at night watching TV.. She evidently didn't know that her friend had soaked the raisins in rum for a week before giving them to her wink Yep Granny was getting drunk lol  She said latter that she had noticed they tasted a little funny but figured they were a different kind of raisin because they were allot plumper that any she had seen before smile

I miss that old gal.... -Pix

Eagleeye, I agree with one thing.  The parents now a days all go out and sell the kids' products for them.  This doesn't teach the kids anything.