Topic: credit crunch

As my work is paying 17 folk off this week due to the recession it made me think of making this song up.

I never got to record it as it is getting a bit noisy in here and I would run out of time before my youngest goes to bed.

Credit crunch ken Godwin

P[D]oliticians call it a credit crunch but w[G]e know it as a recession

P[A]eople will lose their jobs this week but n[G]o one will ask the [D]question

W[G]hy is it me and n[D]ot the guy with 3 kids

The th[A]ought of living on benefits is like w[G]alking over cattle g[D]rids

If you’re lucky enough if you can call it luck you’ll get money to get you by

For just a few weeks or perhaps a few months and then your bank’ll screw you dry

They’ll take your house, your car and your TV

These times are hard now more people living in misery

chorus

Cr[G]edit crunch affects pe[D]ople’s lunch

It affects the l[A]ikes of you and m[D]e

R[G]ecession causes d[D]epression

Li[A]ving is so hard [N/C]when it should be f[D]ree

Unemployment grows every week it gets harder to find some work

You see your old friends that you used to know but they don’t give a

Livin on beans and toast you’ve forgot what its like to have steak

Living on the breadline its so hard to take

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: credit crunch

hi ken,

very topical my friend, i'm very shortly going to be one of those unemployed people, the worst part is it's not our fault, but as always happens, we are the one's who have to pay for it. bankers messed it up, then paid themselves huge bonuses for being stupid, good work if you can get it!
nice little 3 chorder, is it a rocker or a country style? let us know when it's on your web page

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

UYK,

Thanks for this, maybe we should all write a song about this ? Sometimes it makes me wonder what it was like in the thirties.

Phil,

I've been struggling with a budget over the past few month, cutting and cutting and cutting, putting off, stopping doing, saying no to people. I haven't had to cut anyone yet, but it's getting hard and getting close.

What gets me is when the bankers - the Gordon Geckos - who caused all this mess, get life-long pensions and pats on the shoulder. Something's gotta change !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Hi Ken,

I hear everything your saying my friend and I can see it only getting way worse before it gets better.
Kinda makes you wonder how some of these fatcats can sleep at night and wake up the next day to do it all over again.
Bernie Madolph is the skum of the earth. How much money does this man need to survive. I say jail him and put him on kitchen detail serving beans cause that's what he's full of.

We going to hear this one soon?

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Good topical song Ken,

I know so many, from Accountants to barmen, builders, not to mention Nissan car workers .. Shameful,

If we did, what they did ,wed be sent to prison..

Unadulterated Greed..

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

ty all,

I had actually thought of another lyrical part from this song while sitting on the toilet in work today but I never wrote it down and I forgotten what was going through my head. I had plenty of paper lol but forgot to take a pen in the cubicle with me lol

I am hopefully going to record this on Wednesday night while the house is quiet.

Ken

hi ken a sore subject for many,and there's no middle ground the rich willl never stoop to our level of living,they just take and take,then there's nothing left for us but scraps,great song....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

dont have much to add other then I like your song. i think their about to lay off a bunch of people at my work,so I feel ya

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

alansheeran wrote:

UYK,

good stuff Ken i topical writing is always good, i think Alan sheeran has a song somewhere with these words

What gets me is when the bankers - the Gordon Geckos - who caused all this mess, get life-long pensions and pats on the shoulder. Something's gotta change !

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel García Marquez

OK,
Here it is

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =368928657

I am not too happy with it, but to be honest I couldnt be bothered putting that much effort into it. This was the first recording and probably the last.
I am such a lazy sod sometimes lol
If I thought it was fantastic I would have probably recorded it until i was satisfied I was happy.

It will only stay on here until I record a new song then this is the first to come off.

I would say I hope you enjoy it, but I didnt so why should you? lol

Ken