26 (edited by KAP54 2009-02-17 23:25:29)

Re: What song was #1 on the day you were born.

UK             Hold My Hand............Don Cornell?

USA           Hey There................Rosemary Clooney (George's Aunt)

Aus            No Record...Not no Record...Just no record at that time. lol

Hey LesPaulGuy,That's gotta be real expensive renewing your drivers license. lol or do you have a big family?

Cool Link

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hanky Panky - Tommy James & The Shondells

Funkytown... Oh Lord, why don't I just kill myself and have it over with?

roll

fivefactor wrote:

Funkytown... Oh Lord, why don't I just kill myself and have it over with?

roll

Because you love music and it's all about the joy of making real music!  Hang in there!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Hey, some of you guys had some good songs.

Hi Les Paul Guy, I've heard of multiple births before, but I think you've just established a new world record.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

On the 2-6-1947 in the UK the one and only Bing Crosby had a monster hit with - wait for it - Among My Souvenirs.
In the US it was a very well known gentleman called Ted Weems who had a corker of a song called Heartaches.
In Australia - well sad to say Australia hadn't been colonised yet. Jailhouse Rock could have been a contender if the history books are to be believed.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Zurf wrote:

Boy LesPaulGuy!  You were born often. 

- Zurf

I figured I didn't like the outlook on the day I was born so I tried being "reborn" again multiple times  tongue

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

34 (edited by ozymandias 2009-02-25 02:55:10)

LesPaulGuy wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Boy LesPaulGuy!  You were born often. 

- Zurf

I figured I didn't like the outlook on the day I was born so I tried being "reborn" again multiple times  tongue

Me too, except I can never find a "good" number one song to high light the year the Earth was privileged with the beginnings of my existence. 

Well not really, but it sounds good!!  lol

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I actually googled this: us charts: Olivia Newton John, physical. uk charts: human league: dont forget me. Ive never heard either

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

On the day Barack Obama (August 4, 1961) was born Bobby Lewis was at #1 with Tossin’ And Turnin’ (and The Beatles played a lunchtime show at The Cavern Club in Liverpool).

selso wrote:

I actually googled this: us charts: Olivia Newton John, physical. uk charts: human league: dont forget me. Ive never heard either

Your life will be better off if you can keep it that way.  The only thing interesting about it is that Olivia Newton John had quite large hair in her video for Physical, but even given the overprocessed standards of the 1980s, Human League outdid her in hair product usage by every measure: volume, color, cut, etc.  And they're guys.  I think.  Pretty sure. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
selso wrote:

Your life will be better off if you can keep it that way.  The only thing interesting about it is that Olivia Newton John had quite large hair in her video for Physical, but even given the overprocessed standards of the 1980s, Human League outdid her in hair product usage by every measure: volume, color, cut, etc.  And they're guys.  I think.  Pretty sure. 

- Zurf

She's that lady from Grease, right? or am I confusing her with someone else?Anyway, I'll live a long and happy life if I never hear another song by her again!

Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

She's that lady from Grease, right? or am I confusing her with someone else?Anyway, I'll live a long and happy life if I never hear another song by her again!

I think she's Australian, not Greek. big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

40 (edited by selso 2009-03-12 23:27:43)

Thats funny:)

Reverend Horton Heat

41 (edited by ozymandias 2009-03-13 01:00:59)

topdown wrote:
selso wrote:

Yep, she's Aussie.  And I must confess that I did have 2, 45 rpm records of hers.  "I honestly love you" and "Magic" (from a movie that made the top 10 or bottom 10 depending upon your point of view) from the movie "Xanadu" (70's, roller discoish).   Though in my defense I was young and emo and had a serious crush on her.    Then I grew up and developed better tastes in music.  Of course that depends upon your definition of "grew up".  <grin>

Oh and in one of my culling from collection moods.............they were given away to a local animal shelter thrift store where somebody actually bought them.  I got rid of stuff............to get more stuff....to paraphrase George Carlin.  LOL

topdown wrote:
selso wrote:

I meant the movie, not the country!

Reverend Horton Heat

Methinks topdown was punning.  <grin>

ozymandias wrote:

I know, but that still doesnt answer my question

Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

I know, but that still doesnt answer my question

{Slaps self upside the head}  Oops, yes she was in the movie Grease as Travolta's love interest.

Apperently "The Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Horton

One of my favorites.  I still have the 45 rpm record.

Ancient primitive technology to you young'uns.  <grin>

mine too   1959   battle of new orleans

one caper after another

upyerkilt wrote:

UK charts
Love grows....edison lighthouse  ( I have no idea what this song is.)

U.S Charts
bridge over troubled water  ... simon and garfunkel

Aussie charts
venus....shicking blue  ( again no idea what this song is)

ah well one fantastic song

Hah, you gotta try Youtube and see what you had going on there! Maybe two good ones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2DBcbZc3ck

Indeed, that was a hoot.  She looked like Mama Cass Elliot in the other more modern video.  YOIKS.  The eyeliner in the original reminded me of the things best left behind from that era.

As for Edison Lighthouse............  Love grows, was the essence of of mindless pop IMHO

Shocking Blue's "Venus" was a one hit wonder but, a decent tune.

Bridge over troubled water, by Simon and Garfunkel, ok tune, but it's too bad that I can't show my sister in law singing it (no pics) a few years back during her beginning guitar days.  OY  You'd never think of that song the same way again.  <grin>  We still tease her about it!  Hee hee