Topic: Haircuttin' Day

My son and I are sportin' our fr3sh new 1/4" buzz cuts for the upcoming hot season today. It's nearin' 85 F today in sunny F L A. Here are a few hair styles that are somewhat more involved;
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/yradis … c-history/

Give everything but up.

Re: Haircuttin' Day

Back in the day (20 years ago) I used to have my hair cut in 3 layers with each layer a different color smile The top was red the next layer was orange and the last was blonde. I kept it that way for about 6 months... Don't know what I was thinking! lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Guitarpix,
My13 year old daughter, with her flappy Mammys permission,and against my wishes, has done the 3 color tone thing to her hair( pink, black, and white), along with a booger piercing( earing in the nose ). I made the mistake of insisting that she leave her beautiful hair alone and absolutely no piercing of the flesh other than her ears. I'm gonna keep my mouth shut from now on....

I went blonde when my first wife and I divorced. My girlfriend at the time( my final wife currently) and I shared a bottle of Clarion hair bleaching kit. I kept it on too long and picked scabs off of my skull for the next 3 weeks, but I gotta say it felt and looked pretty dern cool. I had a few punk kids call me "The Nature Boy Rick Flair". I didn't mind it too much because there ain't many people on the face of the earth hipper than ole Flair. Woooooooooooooooooohhhhh!!!!  Anyways the ole sewer mouthed ex always hated blonde haired dudes so I figured what the heck!!!!! And of course I sported the infamous "mullet" back in the late 80's. Unfortunately, I have a scrapbook full of gig photos to document my tomfoolery. Like you Guitarpix, I too am bewildered at my lack of rational thinking!!!.......

Give everything but up.

I tried to get a mullet, but my barber wouldn't cut it that way.  Thank heavens for sensible barbers. 

My hair's been short since the 11th grade.  When I had hair, of course.  I used to wear it long, not so much as a fashion statement as I worked a couple jobs and was running my own business and there was that school thing to attend to and I had to get some fun in some time, so I just never took time for a haircut.  My barber growing up always used to say that he'd give me a G.I. free.  It was a joke, considering I grew up in the 70's and early 80's.  Anyway, I finally went to him and said I'd like my free haircut.  He gave me a G.I., and I've worn it no longer than 1/2" since then (sometimes it get's a little shaggy to almost 3/4"). 

Never colored it.  My barber (new guy) wants to darken it, but I have no interest.  Gray's gray.  When it's time to deal with it, I'll deal with that the same way I did my hair falling out.  With a razor. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I bought me a cheap pair of clippers at Walmart. My son and I walk around shaved for most of the year. Pretty cold in the winter

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I post this reluctantly, but here's topdown circa 1980

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3357979258_4b7a0cbc7c_o.jpg

Now - the hair that's not turning grey is turning loose! A self done No.2 clipper buzz cut every couple a months is what I consider grooming. Got more hair on my back than I do my head. big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I rocked a mullet for a little while last year...then my stylist (I can't call her a barber because she threatens to give a "bowl" cut whenever I call he that) took a number 2 clippers to the back of my head without even asking me! She told me I would thank her later...and I did. Back in the 90's I had the lines shaved in the side of my head like Vanilla Ice...by far the lamest do I've ever had!

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

With the amount of hair I lose every month, creating a new style is tough to fathom. I'm going with "what ever it comes out like after the shower". There just isn't enough to care about anymore!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Well, guess I was supposed to be a monk, because I have the tonsure without having to pay for it. And the last two hairs at the front get trimmed once a month. Aside from that I am hair care free - apart from that shampoo that stops the white bits on your shoulders.

You'll be very happy to hear that, in terms of hair colour, grey is the new black. Tom Jones finally came out as a grey wolf on Friday on BBC's Comedy Relief - the black is gone. All he needs to realise now is that he needs to get it cut  - a number two for you sir ?

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Haircut?  What is that?

Shoot haven't seen a barber in five years anyway... well except for Steve, a friend/bandleader who cuts hair for his "day job".
Gave it up for lent one year and now it is to the point it is truly "self trimming"... conditioner is for the ladies you know.  The church used to "draft" me for the role of Jesus around Christmas, but now I just put on a robe and sandals and wander the shopping malls to remind folks of the Reason for The Season.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I'm going on two years without a haircut.....And my sister works for the Hair Cuttery.....LOL

I have a huge head of hair,mostly grey, used to be pitch black. cut it in summer, keeps my head warm in winter.oh my.

Badeye... cool cool

one caper after another