Topic: January Sale

Hi my song called January Sales is now on Youtube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W04TDpny … annel_page

It was on chordie but was removed due to some colourful language so i thought id post a link so ya all can listen to it.

peace out

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel García Marquez

Re: January Sale

superb song!!!

I like this song a lot and yer singing.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Had a listen, it is a song of our times with an all to familar theme and you did a great job with the lyrics even tho they were a little rough for Chordie because of all the family members,you sung it well thanks for the link smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks guys mucho appreciated, unfortunately when i posted on chordie originally i didnt realise i would be upsetting others so i can only apologise for my ignorance.

Hey Weedjie,

A smokin' song! I'm assuming the sentiments of the last verse is very much tongue in cheek.

Here in Belfast, the IRA, UDA and UVF decided some years ago that they they would act as judge and jury on the the activities of some of their local youth. They started shooting them ( with guns ) and drilling them (with black and deckers) in the knees. They left dozens of teenagers on crutches for life. Others were told they had to leave the country.

Most of those teenagers are now in their thirties. They were kneecapped for stealing cars and robbing shops. Most of them had learning disabilities or just hadn't wised-up yet. They had no hope and nowhere to go. Inevitably some of them were shot because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or said the wrong thing to the local paramilitary commander.

And while the paramilitaries were maiming kids for stealing, they themselves were out murdering people.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

That sounds like a nightmare Alan, the last verse is kinda tongue in cheek, ultimately people will start taking the law into their own hands and dealing with it themselves (like the paramilitaries). There is no cure for these young people, no direction, no hope, no way out except through intoxication and violence. And it will only get worse as the British Government are too soft with the punishment. I dont go in for all this rehabilitaion talk, jail them with fierce punishment and society can start to live and love again.

Hi weedjie

Good lyrics, Good vocals, Good playing, ...................................Good Song smile

I dunno how to solve it but if songs are written with this type of message then maybe we'll get there.

Thanks smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Kenny, Too far gone for fixing, gotta let it die with the generations of our times i think.

It's very much like that where I live. When i was young everyone I knew was in a gang,sold drugs, went to jail. Its a badge of honor to people in that life style. I do disagree that there is no help or hope for "theses" people. Im a good example for that. Jails not the answer. That just makes them worst. May be I should rephrase that: some need to be locked up, some just need direction and a firm push. I use my expirence to help others in the same situation I was in. Unfortantly some cant leave it behind and end up dead at 17 like my brother. Gangs and the such have always been around and will always be around. Locking them up doesnt solve the problem, it just prolongs it. As long as people are poor and oppressed, they will always look for a way out. Solve that problem and then theres no need for "gangs". I do like your song, sorry to rant. I think your from Britan? So the sitiuation may be a little different in the states. Again I do like the song

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

"Too far gone for fixing"

Sounds like a song !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello