Topic: Good Brands??

ok i am looking for a good electric that is good for rock... what are good brands???

thanx!!!

Do hard things!

Re: Good Brands??

Fender strat and Gibson Les Paul smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Those are nice, but not if you don't have $700+.  Unless you're content with an Epiphone or Squier, I'd recommend Ibanez and ESP.  Thing is, it's all dependent on your preference.  Do you like a really flat neck, or a thicker, more rounded one? Do you want single-coil pickups or humbuckers? How many frets do you want? Looks play a big part too-Gibsons and Fenders are more of a classic look, where you'll find more edgy designs with the Ibanez and ESP's.  Good luck picking one out!

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Dear friend epiphone93, that 93 is this standing for your year of birth? It is important because a lot depends on your age AND the money you have on that age.
My good friend Russell mentions Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster, he is right.
IMPORTANT: Age + $$$ and there you go.
My advise = look the on line stores like www.zzounds.com, www.musiciansfriend.com and in Europe www.musicstore.de.
On this sites you can see easy thousand guitars, and once you find one you like, try to find it on www.youtube.com, giving you an idea of the sound and the possibilities.
You can write them in a notebook, and you go to a musicstore to hold the guitar, to try the guitar like sound, versatility, see the guitar + READ THE USER'S COMMENTS.
I always work or do my research like I wrote: I see a brand, I visit the website of that brand, I look for the prices, and I end with youtube. If I like the guitar and sound, I go to a music store.
If it is too expensive, I try EBAY, and I bought at least 10 guitars on ebay, with only 1 guitar (an acoustic Gibson Hummingbird, having the "typical" Gibson fracture at the headstock, due to the fact that the seller forgot to "loosen the strings" before sending it from the USA to Europe).
Never travel with your acoustic guitar without loosen the strings. I came back 2 times with a GIBSON MONTANA GOLD, as HAND LUGGAGE, and the pilot aked me if he could keep that guitar in his cabin during the flight to play. Same story with my 2nd acoustic = a Martin D45V, here almost PRICELESS, you pay at least between 9000 - 10.000$ = worth a trip to the USA.
SORRY FOR THIS ACOUSTIC PIECE IN THE ELECTRIC SECTION, IT WAS AN EXAMPLE FOR TRANSPORT.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

Dear friend epiphone93, that 93 is this standing for your year of birth? It is important because a lot depends on your age AND the money you have on that age.
My good friend Russell mentions Gibson Les Paul and Fender Stratocaster, he is right.
IMPORTANT: Age + $$$ and there you go.

i understand most of that but what my age have to do with it?
thanx!!!

Do hard things!

I would agree that with the Strat or the Les Paul you would have an excellent start... Probably depends on which one is best for you and is affordable. Both models have many variations and also many import copies...  The age factor? Many of us older folks here, I'm 57, remember a time before all the availability of such great  choices, music stores, internet info, etc.. and at 16 there was no way that I could afford much of a "real" guitar. We made do with some really crappy instruments! I'm also a believer that one should always obtain the best "tools" they can afford...be it a hammer or a guitar! I remember a kid around 16 that built a junker guitar outta quality parts and set the rocking world on fire...some kid with the funny name Van Halen!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Sounds like you need some versatility as well as bang-for-the-buck.  Buy a Japanese Fender Telecaster.  This is quite possibly the most versatile guitar that you can buy.  The necks are always perfect and the price is such that if you wish to route out the body for humbuckers, you can do that without worrying about destroying a future vintage relic. Did I mention the Les Paul Studio models?  Check them out too.  I saw some awesome deals on Gibson worn-in SG's and V's at Musician's Friend recently.  Keep these in mind.  Even if these guitars don't sound great to you.  I guarantee that they will play great.  Pickups are easily changed and really not all that expensive.

Now available in 5G !

epiphone93 wrote:

ok i am looking for a good electric that is good for rock... what are good brands???

thanx!!!

Michael Kelley's Fairly priced and more bang for your buck.  They are well made and can be hotrodded and fine tuned plus the quality of their workmanship is top notch.

Bootlegger.

Fender and Ibanez

FENDER-GOOD BRAND,AND NICE GUITARS
   IBANEZ-EHH WELL THERE PRETTY GOOD
    well yeah guitars guitars guitars
     !NEVER PUT OF TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALL TOGETHER!

EPIPHONE93, SORRY, I MEANT "RANGE" the category, and price, that's why I had put $$ signs.
SORRY.
My system is = WHAT KIND, EVEN BRAND YOU WANT? GO TO AN ON LINE SHOP LIKE www.musiciansfriend.com.
You will find easy a guitar that you like. THE PRICE? Easier to compare the guitar you want, using a minimum and maximum.
GO TO YOUTUBE, write the guitar you like and depending on the quality of the video, you see it in action. If possible go to a store, and if you see that in the store a Fender Stratocaster MIA is 500$ more expensive than on the on-line stores, go for it.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

bootleger wrote:
epiphone93 wrote:

thanx!!!

Michael Kelley's Fairly priced and more bang for your buck.  They are well made and can be hotrodded and fine tuned plus the quality of their workmanship is top notch.

Bootlegger.

I second Michael Kelly. Also try Agile. High quality Korean Les Paul copies that IMHO are a far better vaule than Epiphone or any one else even at twice the price.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

For solid bodies, look at the Gretsch Pro-Jet.  Best bang for the buck out there.

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

I third the Micheal Kelly, they are great, also the Agile's from what I read are great as well, I competely agree with Geoaguiar! of course the Gibson's and fenders are great too! So many choices.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Russell_Harding wrote:

Fender strat and Gibson Les Paul smile

i agree with him.
those 2 guitars are awsome.

Smoke On The Water and Fire In The Water

i've got epiphone sg and a epiphone bb king lucille which is awsome. i've got gibson les paul classic which is good for lynyryd skynyrd music, and my last 2 guitars i have is a fender srat and a fender telecaster and they are both sweet

Hello there.I have a nice idea for you.Try Epiphone or Squier, I'd recommend Ibanez and ESP.It is really nice.
***link deleted by moderator game site***

Ibanez if ur on a low budget my friend got squier and they don't last don't sond good and just tottaly suck i would definitely go with an Ibanez, but if ur willing to pay a high price i would go with a epiphone or gibson.

Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6...trust me..it rocks!!!!

there are many really good brands out there, Fender which is the guitar i live by, but there is also many others like Gibson the alternative to Fender, ESP, Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Musicman, Peavey, Jackson, Charvel, etc. Whatever you decide is what you'll get but decide on quality style and taste

I have a fender guitar and I love it! Great sound and affordable.

I have a white Fender mexican something and a Dean Razorback. Those are both awesome guitars to rock out with big_smile