Topic: Need Help!

Hi fellow chordians!

Well ave tried for weeks now to put chords to a song and failed miserably, so am here begging for Help The song is a geordie folk song "The Blaydon races" ( we sing it a lot at the footie matches)

Now ave got the chords, a link  kindly provided by a fellow  chordian, and i had the words.

PROBLEM i can not erm? whats the word? transpose? chords to the words, well i got some parts right.
is there anyone willing to  do it for me?plzzzz am die ing to learn to play it on my acoustic.

I am not being lazy honest! am stuck!! and need help

Ps: ave spent hours trying to find a layout   like you find in chordie but to no avail (sobs)

Yours Hoping/ begging lol           micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Re: Need Help!

Howdy Micky,

Is it that the chords you have are in the wrong key? or are you having problems with the time signature getting your chord changes to fit with the tempo of the lyric as sung?

A little more info about what you are trying to do will help us try to help you.

RSVP via e-mail if you want to write out what you have,  and I'll have a go... despite the fact I do not believe I have heard the tune.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

thanks for your quick reply Doug,   
                                                    my problem is chord placement (if that's the word) i know the song well  for the tempo  its getting the chords in the right place am having bother with (its my first attempt), now the key i could transpose through chordie if need be later.

I can e-mail you the Lyrics & the Chords i have. i also have a midi file which might help you too

Hey Micky,

I know this song and can help (it's going round my head as I write). Oh ma' lads......

I don't know the legalities of posting traditional (non copyrightable) lyrics, so just E-mail 'em to me and I'll get back with something that (hopefully) makes sense.

Why- aye, man!

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Thanks Kaj, your help is much appreciated, now for the practice  as it has a couple of quick chord changes
thanks again

micky

No Worries Micky!

I tried doing it just now at about 48 BPM (slow performance speed) and the changes are quick.

If you need any help (cheats on how to get from 1 chord to n'other 'n' next quickly) let me know. I'm going to do this one Monday night, need to practise mesel'.

Reds and Golds, JJ

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Micky,

Found some better Geordie words (what I always thought they were) which I'll E-mail to you.

I've written the chords I sent you over a print out of these for mesel', this is just words. Need help let me know.

Check your In Box!

8 (edited by micky the mooch 2009-04-07 05:50:26)

Bump!

Back again!  Hi kaj i made a big boob boob wiv the chords i gave you lol they were for an accordion arghhhh  sorry!

Doug, did you get my E-mail m8? i sent it straight after your posting, given you didnt get back to me its either in cyber space or yer still busy lol

Still havent got it sorted, and ohh how would i go about putting it into  the song list when its finnished?

What format ? and where can it be hosted?

It would be great if Chordie was the first to have it

shheeesssh as a pest!         Cheers micky from the Toon

Hey Micky,

Send me the chords you want and I'll do it fot ya!

The "wrong" chords work really well if you can handle the fast changes.

10 (edited by micky the mooch 2009-04-07 13:08:08)

awh! thanks Kaj, am not as clever as you lol  i am practicing the chords you gave me, as i type, and yes the changes are way too fast for me.. ( grrrrrr ! keep getting a mental block, i keep seeing this bloke wiv a remote  pmsl).... but i'll Percy veer.

though a more simple chord change would  be helpful for now,i promise to practice both big_smile:

Cheers m8            micky

Hey Micky, Good news.

Working through it last night the verse and chorus chords are completely interchangeable! So the chorus chords can go G D7 G G7, C G A7 D7, G D7 G G7, C G D7 G. Those chords are written there in the positions they need to be in, just ignore the other chords.

Hope this is helpful.