Topic: Threads On CD/Mp3; E,Q; Studio/Stage SetUp; Recording; COMPRESSION! ??

Here goes Chordians,

Any threads on the above with bias on Signal Aquisition, Processing/Broadcasting/Recording in existance?

Your superior Forum knowledge will point me right and quick!

(Also Software/Hardware Recording/Processing; Software Type/Computer Set Up, Interfaces, Preamps/Compressors/Monitors/Mics/Sound-Proofing/Production/Engineering)

If this aint my house, I am at least a resident!!!

Deep breath, JJ -

and,

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Re: Threads On CD/Mp3; E,Q; Studio/Stage SetUp; Recording; COMPRESSION! ??

Hi,

Just for clarification, are you inquiring about threads that are active in Chordie Forums? or forums on other websites that are actively discussing recording software and related subjects.  There have been several threads here in the recording forum about home recording and especially PC supported recording, some are active, but most are dormant.  Usually if someone has a question it is posted here and someone like yourself will chime in with whatever knowledge they may possess.  You may find that for the most part we tend to lean towards the "lean and mean" software (ie: free or low cost) so that more folks would be inclined to try home production of their music.  As Russell would say "this is more of a beer and wine joint".

We do have members that have greater experience in these areas, and after a time you will get to know some of them quite well.  We are all learning together, and having a blast doing so.  If you are seeking a particular review on an application that you have heard about, or piece of equipment, put out the word here and the "research department" will try to locate the information you seek and point you to it.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: Threads On CD/Mp3; E,Q; Studio/Stage SetUp; Recording; COMPRESSION! ??

Hey Doug,

Thanks for responding. Yeah, absolutely threads in Chordie.

Lean and mean good.

If people know what they want to achieve but are unsure what to plug into their AWE  64 or unsure about whether they need external preamps to use with their MOTU Traveller; what kind of mic for what situation; does a piece of kit exist that will do both this and this.

As far as software goes I'm spoilt - Logic Plat was my start and I know next to nothing about using others, but discussing what plugs into what, even in a virtual (non software specific) environment is also my bag.

Just trying to either be guided to suchlike discussions or invite threads on these and related subjects. Have already found a few and am jumping in!

Thanks again for the heads up!

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<