1 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2009-04-06 18:55:30)

Topic: String Dampers

These are pretty cool gadgets for you shredders out there but I'd be very leery about drilling holes into the headstock of a guitar. I don't mean to take customers away from Jennifer but a good ole' thick pony-tail holder( fluffy elastic device) works just as good and no harm comes to your guitar.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTwr-OLmju4&NR=1

Give everything but up.

Re: String Dampers

Yeah but using a scrunchie looks so....foo-foo.

I'm glad someone came up with an alternative method to stopping those ringing strings.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I remember many years ago Gretsch having a little device that would lay a piece of felt across the strings near the bridge...I've seen others stuff or tie something across their strings to mute...  I like that idea of using a scrunchie! But not a pink one!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I may have to pick up one of these.
I have the same problem with strings ringing after I've hit them and gone up the scale to another string.
I can't figure out for the life of me how to mute them after hitting them without slowing myself down substantially. I think this device would solve my issue and help my speed problems as I wouldn't have to correct the ringing issue by lightly touching the string I just left while simultaneously trying to keep moving up the scale...

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle