Topic: What about keyboards?

I can't play guitar and at 65 I think I'm now to old to learn. But what I do like about Chordie is the ability to transpose songs and use easier chords that fit in with my keyboard playing ( or attempting to play )
I do get some enjoyment out of my Yamaha psr8000 and I would like to thank all you guys and gals for keeping this site going.
I would like to see the site expand to include a keyboard section, where people like me could get advise and help.
I see there is a section for other instruments but it doesn't include keyboards.
So come on, how about it?
Regards,
John Duncan

Re: What about keyboards?

Johnboy0070 wrote:

I can't play guitar and at 65 I think I'm now to old to learn.

I would respectfully disagree.

Never to old to start!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Hi John and welcome to Chordie,

Jerome is right that you are never too old to learn to play the guitar but for me your question does raise an interesting point. Chordie has always been primarily for stringed instruments but I do know that there are several Members that play keyboard, so two questions:

1. Are there Members that play any other non-stringed instruments that use Chordie?

2. How many players of non-stringed instruments would like to have a seperate section for their queries and discussions?

If there is enough interest then we could ask Per if he would open a new 'Non-Stringed Instrument' section.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger,
Hmmm, acn you get a non stringed instrument that uses chords? I cannot think of any right now.

If folk came here on chordie and did not play a stringed instrument then i think they would be only coming for the lyrics or the banter in the forum

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi , Roger , Jerome and Ken , and welcome to Chordie JohnBoy !!
     Way back when I was stumbling around on the piano ( keyboard ) , I played melody with one hand and chorded with the other , so yes they use chords ....
     Just my opinion , but as far as folks just coming on here for lyrics and the forum , those two things are what has kept me here , and I sure don't see anything wrong with that .... Don't see why it matters what you play as long as we can all help each other ....
    Having said that though , I do agree with Jerome in that you're never too old to learn guitar if that's what you want .... Just my two cents ........
                 Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Hi Everyone,

I'd love to see a section for piano, I don't play but I do have a keyboard that I've toyed around with, I'd love to learn to play it but would need help. I love the sound of the piano!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Greetings All and a Happy Easter to Everyone!

That said, it does seem that Chordie is an evolving forum.  Actually I see postings from brass blowers, drummers, and keyboard players in almost all of the forum's sub-catagories.  If I remember correctly the baby grand piano we moved all over Turkey when I was a kid had a bunch of strings on it's harp... 

Chordie seems more and more about the music and less about what you use to make it.  To my thinking that is a good thing, and in keeping with the "open" feeling that is shared by a majority of the membership.  Kind of a community where the "only" requirement to participate is a love of music, and desire to share with like-minded people around the world.

Around these parts, if you sweep the porch and put out the Welcome Mat, it's rude not to offer a cup of coffee to everyone who knocks....

Just my tuppence for what it's worth..

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Welcome to Chordie John smile
I have a PSR 2000 that I barely no how to use but I have fun with it. If the 2000 is like the 8000 then you have a good tool to work with and utilize with your guitar playing. As said by others here
"your never too old to learn guitar".

Happy Easter all

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)