Topic: Dawn an ambient recording

Hi all
In "Dawn" I tried to capture musically a sunrise. The quiet grey sky lightening with the appearance of the early morning sun. A sort of musical poem (I hope I'm not being to pretentious here smile
"Dawn" got to 11th in the ambient charts on Ourstage in February out of 247 entries..
Sorry no guitars    smile
As always thanks for reading/listening.
http://www.myspace.com/onlyarkady
Thanks
ark

Re: Dawn an ambient recording

HI Ark,

A great recording stirring up wonderful visions. Congratulations on it getting placed 11th on MyStage.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

as always ,great song Ark! How long does it take for you to write and record a song like that? Seems like a lot of time and effort would go into making an instrumental like your stuff.
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

hi ark that is a lovely piece of music ,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Ark I enjoyed the mood and the panning effects on the percussion a nice laid back musical meditation very nice smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Nice one ark.....loved it!!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Congrats on the 11th spot Ark smile
I enjoyed the listen. Another fine piece of recording from you.

Kudos from Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Roger
Thanks for the comment here and on Myspace. Always appreciated.

Selso
It's difficult to try and workout how long a piece takes to do as I work on and off sometimes going back to a unfinished one after a while. But some will take a few days and others hang around for months and never get finished.

daddy
Thanks for listening and commenting....

Russ
I kept the percussion element quite high. I thought it added interest as the piece opened..
Thanks for the comment.

Mark
Glad you liked it and thanks for the friends request on Myspace.

Kenny
Didn't quite get into the top ten but I was still pleased as there were a lot of great Ambient pieces in the charts.
Thanks for the comment.
ark

Hi Ark,

I'm just astounded at how beautiful and professional your music sounds, I wish I could get the same feel and depth. Dawn ticks all the boxes, and when you say it's like poetry in music you are right on the money.
Just as a coincidence, I wrote a new poem this week called "Song of Nature" which I'll be uploading shortly, which also deals with moon rise going to sun rise.

Excellent work my friend

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

Hi Ark,

I'm just astounded at how beautiful and professional your music sounds, I wish I could get the same feel and depth. Dawn ticks all the boxes, and when you say it's like poetry in music you are right on the money.
Just as a coincidence, I wrote a new poem this week called "Song of Nature" which I'll be uploading shortly, which also deals with moon rise going to sun rise.

Excellent work my friend

Phill

Thanks Phill I appreciate the comment.
But I must disagree with what you said about your own pieces.
To be truthful I listen to your songs a fair bit on myspace and they certainly have depth and feeling in abundance..
ark

Face goes red smile

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.