Topic: THE TRUTH

I was inspired to write this from a thread in the poem section its on myspace now it deals with reality from my point of view only, so if you got a sec give a listen smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: THE TRUTH

Great bouncy, upbeat song there, Russell. I wanna play it, where're the words !

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

thanks stransongs I ain't had time to do the chopro(Chordie formatting) but I can type them out tomorrow on my word processor and copy and paste the lyrics in the poem forum or if time permits I will format it,Ive been really busy but I will try to get a few minutes to get them up  and thanks again for the comment smile

Nice Russ smile A good campfire or sitting on the front porch kinda song.
I like it...but I'd like to see the words also.
Well Done

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

5 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-04-19 22:01:56)

well I hope the formating is correct this song is in a 2/4 feel smile

THE TRUTHby Russell Harding

Intro:

Riff in G

Verse:

[G]Sombodys gonna take every[C]thing I[G]got[Adom7]after im [D]gone

[G]cant take it with you when its [C]time to [G]go [A7]you only got it

for so [D7]long

I can [C]see um all divying [G]up my stuff when I'm [C]cold and in the [D7]ground

my[C]flat screen tv and my [G]pickup truck caus I[Adom7]aint gotta say cant [D7]make a sound

[G]there go my britches and my [C]DV [G]D's to some [Adom7]folks I've never [D7]seen,Just

[G]tearing thru my stuff like a [C]gang of [G]thieves [Adom7]dividing up the loot on a [D7]robbery

we [C]all gotta go like [G]we came in,with[C]nothing but a [G]dream

[C]just a few trips a [G]round the sun then [A7]hug eter [D7]nity

bridge

[Em]Allah,Jesus, [A]Budda,Zen [Em]whatever makes you [A]pray

[Em]kneel to a tree or [A]to the sun or [Adom7]yourself if thats your [D]way

[Em]ashes to ashes [A]dust to dust [Em]even steel and [A]iron rust

[Em]cant buy heaven with a [A]credit card or [A7]gettting drunk in a [D7]nudie bar

verse

[G]Allah,Jesus [C]Budda [G]Zen [A]save me from this [D7]mess im in

[G]make me pretty [C]rich or [G]strong I'll [A7]believe in you my [D7]whole life long(hold}

at the [G]funeral parlor my [C]best friend [G]John got his [A7]hands on my widow doing his

[D7]comfort part his [G]hands are moving [C]below her waist and I can [C]see a smile

[D7] on her face she [C]wont be mourning [G]for to long as soon as John [D7]gets her home

[C]and say I was a [G]hell of a man [A7]turn out the lights

[D7]aint life grand

repeat 1st verse and fade or play riff or whatever you choose to end it

Hi Russ
A Nice Acoustic number there I liked the cheeky little riff   smile
The ancient Egyptains had the right idea they took it all with them and some...
well done
ark

hi russell a lovely song,great lyrics well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks Ark its a fun song for me to play I was going to redo some of it but I thought better and just left it alone,the Egyptians may have taken it with them but not for long lol lots of money in artifacts especially from the tombs of the Pharaohs smile

Daddycool I appreciate your comments and stay cool yourself smile

9 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-04-20 19:15:50)

great stuff russel,

havent read the words as written above yet, but i have listened to the recording, your a very humorous guy, i smiled all the way through, and i could hear a banjo playing that super guitar riff, with a washboard and string bass in the rhythm section, and a snare drum played with brushes just to finish-off the recording.

excellent work russ

phill

ps, i just read the words, love the parts about the "nudie bar" and "hands beneath her waist" you are awful...but i like you.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

lol awful? lol yes i am! and I would like to add a few more instruments like you mentioned as this was a first take and there are a few things I could do again but maybe not,glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the comments smile

Phill Williams wrote:

great stuff russel,

havent read the words as written above yet, but i have listened to the recording, your a very humorous guy, i smiled all the way through, and i could hear a banjo playing that super guitar riff, with a washboard and string bass in the rhythm section, and a snare drum played with brushes just to finish-off the recording.

excellent work russ

phill

ps, i just read the words, love the parts about the "nudie bar" and "hands beneath her waist" you are awful...but i like you.