Topic: Les Pauls classic standard custom studio which is best?

So where do you stand on gibson LP's, which is best & why?
Tell of your experiences,gigs,concets,etc..

How many if any do you own if any ?
Are they better than Fender USA strats? if so why>

rock on

Bobby

Jesus is Lord

Re: Les Pauls classic standard custom studio which is best?

its like apples and oranges I have owned a Les Paul and I currently play a strat,the Les Paul single cutaway was great for a deep heavy sound but I find the strat is more versatile and playes easier up the frets

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I agree with Rusell. I play an epihone Les Paul. My son plays a strat, and a B.C. Rich Warlock Revenge. The Les Paul has a deeper, richer, sound, and with Seymour Duncan's it has a dark, biting sound. The strat, is more versatile, and you can play more styles of music. Many blues palyer's have converted to Strats, though I still prefer the Les Paul, or even better the ES-335 or ES-355. The BC Rich is strictly a metal making machine. Hope this helps.

But, here's the secret about the guitar: It's defiant. It will never let you conquer it. The more that you get involved with it, the more you realize how little you know.
                 Les Paul  March 2007

It's sorta hard to compare at times when there are so many versions of the Gibson Les Paul and the Fender Strat...must be at least 50 versions of the strat. To answer your question, I have a Gibson Les Paul Classic and absolutely love it! Mine is all original and has the hotter pickups and the thinner 60's neck...it has a marvelous range of tones from the sweet clear tones to really gritty distortions...  My Strat is the Mexican Standard and has been reworked and rewired numerous times and I also really love playing it too! Both guitars are simply different...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

This is a difficult question indeed. THE MAJOR PROBLEM ARE THE DOZENS REISSUE & TRIBUTE guitars. I will try to look for more info on the net, NO REISSUES OR ZAKK WYLDE stuff. First the pick-ups. T = Treble and R = Rhythm
1) GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD:
# Burstbucker Pro I humbucker with alnico magnet at the neck
# Burstbucker Pro II humbucker with alnico magnet at the bridge and a link to compare.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod … sku=519336
2) GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM:
490R Humbucker
498T Humbucker
3) GIBSON LES PAUL SUPREME
The guitar weighs between 8-16 ounces less than a standard Les Paul.
490R
498T alnico humbucking pickups
4) GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO
- 490R = neck
- 490T = Bridge or, most have (and this is what I don't understand), a 498T, providing a higher output and emphasis on mid-ranges and highs make the 498T the perfect rock lead pickup for the Les Paul Studio. Link
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Ba … rdware/6XK
If you just look at the pick-ups they are the same as on the LP Supreme. The difference in price is that the studio is really nice, but also made without all that fancy, mostly useless stuff.
But there is a big difference even with the same kind of pick-ups
5) GIBSON LES PAUL CLASSIC
This is a guitar I never could pmace in the Gibson les paul series. I also believe that this model is not longer in production.
- # 496R ceramic humbucker neck
- # 500T at the bridge a link:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod … sku=512001
I hope you can use this information.
A personal notice: I should never have sold my Standard (1978) and a custom is really heavy.
But since it is impossible for me to stand right to play guitar, I don't care.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]