Topic: Just moved to Texas

I just moved to Plano, Texas. Just northeast of Dallas So far I love it here and was wondering if anyone on here lives anywhere close. Would like to get together and do some jamming, maybe record a little. I do like to do some writing and have some songs posted on chordie. Haven't posted anything for awhile though. But I have several tunes I've been working on, but have hit a snag with them. I'm not opposed to collaborating with the right person.

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Re: Just moved to Texas

I guess nobody on here lives in Texas?

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Hey getfiddle welcome to Texas! Or should I say howdy! Or if that's to cliche for you what's up. If you check on page 3 of chat corner under Happy Birthday to me, find the last post under Riverdales. Actually your my 519 miles away neighbor, about 9 hours. I live about 10 minutes form the mexican border, right on the tip-o-texas!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

Hey, Riverdales. Nice to hear from you. Any of those sayings are fine with me. Howdy back. Hows that side of Texas? Would be nice to be closer to the coast. Do you hunt and or fish? I like to do both, but haven't been a resident long enough to yet. I know I could buy an out of state license, but think I'll just wait the required six months instead! Save some money that way. Besides, I'm still looking for a job so I can help out my girlfriend. I'll just hit the range till then.

Getfiddle, you can come over to my house and play. From Plano take 75 south to 635 south. 635 south (towards Garland) to I-20. Take I-20 east for 350 miles - West Monroe, La. then get off at the Thomas Road exit, south. After you exit on Thomas Road heading south, stop and give me a call as the directions get kinda tricky from there.

Sorry I can't help you there in Plano.

Nela

Thats ok NELA. Just a little out of the way, but I tell you what, my girlfriend and I do like to travel so if we happen to be in that area sometime, we will look you up. I always take my acoustic along cause you never know! Going on a float trip in mo. in July and of course the acoustic will be going along. Hope some other people bring theirs also! Last year I played solo. {I felt sorry for them} They were all gracious though!

Hey Getfiddle,

Cheer up.... Texas is a big State!  I'm hanging out up here in Oregon, and although I know there's a passel of guitar pickers in this soggy chunk of real estate, I feel like the "Only Chordie Oregonian" on the Planet!  I've seen "Chordie Texans" on the forum, so liking to travel and see the country is a good thing for ya.

Wander on over to the Recording section here on Chordie, and hook up with the motley group of collaborators if you'd like help with polishing and/or recording your tunes. 

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Not close enough to jam, but welcome to Texas!

All You Need is Love smile

Hey Fiddle ... I'm down here in San Antonio ... hope life is treating you well up by Big "D" ... I'll send some humidity up your way!  wink

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Thanks guy's and gal's Happy to be here. Now if I could just find some work, that would be good! Times are hard, and job's appear to be few! Just like Bob Dylan say's, "The Times They Are A Changin'." Sure I'll find something though.

Hi getfiddle,

Not a resident Texan, Floridian actually, but I do wish you and yours happiness and success in your new residence. If you ever mosey down the west coast of Florida( Tampa Bay area) let me know and I'll turn you on to the local  "hot spots" in my neck of the woods.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

That would be most excellent! Would really like to visit Florida. If we make it there, we will absolutely look you up!