Re: What kind of guitar do you have?

1972 Guild Jumbo 12 string (rescued from an untimely death)
1981 Ovation 1112 Balladeer (best acoustic I've ever played)
1988 Fender Stratocaster/ Kahler/ Sperzel tuners/ Lace Alumitones.(Best playing strat ever..in my house anyway......)
1988 Kazuo Yairi KYF-8 with Lace Alumitone humbucker installed
2004 Rogue bell brass resonator (Lace and Fishman resonator pickups installed)
2008 Godin 5th Ave Kingpin  (love this guitar!)(did I mention that I love this guitar?)
2007 Rogue A Style Mandolin with single coil pickup, tone and volume control

Now available in 5G !

tandm3 wrote:

1988 Kazuo Yairi KYF-8 with Lace Alumitone humbucker installed

Got any pics of this one?? I'm a Yairi nut myself smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

i have a cole clark fl1 you gotta check these things out guys oh yeah and an ibanez roadstar series 2

I currently have an Ovation Balladeer, A Marlin Slammer, a no name no brand short scale 12 string acoustic, and my newest buy, an Ozark Biscuit Resonator. I have been playing for around 46 years and am just about getting the hang of it,I reckon!

Om Mani Padme Hum

Hi all, I have two Guild guitars one is a D-40 Ritchie Havens Signature and a 1974 F212 12 string.

i have a gibson sg, les paul and a fender strartocaster, also a gibson acoustic

Smoke On The Water and Fire In The Water

Presently I have a Martin 00-15 and a D35.

#1. A 16 year old American Telecaster with Bigsby and Van Zandt pickups...this is the keeper. Would be the one to save if house burning etc...
#2. Gibson Les Paul Classic: Great guitar and bone stock!
Peavey Wolfgang Special: A stock Goldtop and this one absolutely rocks! One of the most versatile guitars I've seen and owned! Has the D-Tuna Floyd Rose bridge:
#3. Martin 16 GTE Acoustic/Electric: This is my church guitar. Great sound, very durable and easy to play: Can plug straight into the Church sound system via direct box and/or into an amplifier and effects...
#4. G&L ASAT Classic: I believe that this is the last word in Telecaster guitars...can't say enough about this one...bone stock!
#5. Dan Electro: Cheap Korean made version: Crappy construction, lousy set-up, hard to play...but absolutely cool sounds...especially for slide blues...if it wasn't for the sound I'd give it to some one I don't like!
#6. Fender Stratocaster: Made in Mexico Strat! This one is my constant project. Great neck and body...currently has Seymour Duncan Lipstick tube pickup in neck position, Carvin AP-11 in middle, and Seymour Duncan JB jr in bridge...this is the one that I play all the time...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I have a Westone Spectrum ST in red, made in 1986. It sounds awesome and the neck is so comfortable to play on.

"Policeman shouts but I don't see him/ They're one thing I don't believe in"
-Tomorrow, 'My White Bicycle'

jaygordon75 wrote:

#1. A 16 year old American Telecaster with Bigsby and Van Zandt pickups...this is the keeper. Would be the one to save if house burning etc...
#2. Gibson Les Paul Classic: Great guitar and bone stock!
Peavey Wolfgang Special: A stock Goldtop and this one absolutely rocks! One of the most versatile guitars I've seen and owned! Has the D-Tuna Floyd Rose bridge:
#3. Martin 16 GTE Acoustic/Electric: This is my church guitar. Great sound, very durable and easy to play: Can plug straight into the Church sound system via direct box and/or into an amplifier and effects...
#4. G&L ASAT Classic: I believe that this is the last word in Telecaster guitars...can't say enough about this one...bone stock!
#5. Dan Electro: Cheap Korean made version: Crappy construction, lousy set-up, hard to play...but absolutely cool sounds...especially for slide blues...if it wasn't for the sound I'd give it to some one I don't like!
#6. Fender Stratocaster: Made in Mexico Strat! This one is my constant project. Great neck and body...currently has Seymour Duncan Lipstick tube pickup in neck position, Carvin AP-11 in middle, and Seymour Duncan JB jr in bridge...this is the one that I play all the time...

Mexican Stratocaster is Eric Claptons favorite guitar!

I have a Taylor 810, which I purchased on eBay (it was made in 2001) and sent back to the factory to have the Taylor Expression System electronics added.  The other guitar I have is a Ovation Celebrity (my 810 doesn't have a cutaway, so I was looking for a relatively inexpensive guitar with a half-decent on-board pick-up array.  Both have great action.  Both are better guitars than I am a player.

I have a Yamaha APX5A Electro-Acoustic.

just started learning the guitar....

i"ve got a Peavey EXP Vandenburg and old Peavey acoustic

Mine is a Yamaha C40. Serves me well, I'm a beginner.

niklasber wrote:

Mine is a Yamaha C40. Serves me well, I'm a beginner.

Don't matter, welcome.  :-)  As you grow in skill, you'll explore and develop and expand!  Enjoy!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ELECTRIC = Gibsons, Fenders, PRS, Burns
ACOUSTIC = Martins D45V, D-28, D-15, D1 and D-1 12 string.
Some pictures.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/3472925480_8f41dd92d1.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3406/3589297195_015b027511.jpg?v=0

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hey Doc, Some mighty fine guits smile  What is the one in the left corner of the second picture with the wee little headstock?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

1) PRS EG S - S -S configuration, I have the 3 EG's made from 1990 - 1992, except for 1, 1994.
I paid them on ebay 850$ (approximately) The last I saw was sold for 1500$ MY PENSION PLAN.
2) a Martin Backpacker.
You like another?
This one comes from Texas, I paid a nice price, also 2,5 times in value.
I consider it as an investment, but the problem is that I love my beauties like Hugh Hefner does
Now and then I post one.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3326/3472926818_d5c3cde0da.jpg?v=0

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Epiphone AJ-100cena

Not sure what any of that means, but it sounds pretty good to my beginner ears smile

220 (edited by Plysdyret 2009-06-13 19:01:18)

Rickenbacker 620/12. Such a beautiful piece of guitar...
Oh, and those upper ones look pretty cool with moustaches!

Just added a Vintage Resonator single cone to the line up.

Hofner Galaxie - red 1960
Hondo II jumbo acoustic - sunburst 1980s?
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster Seymour Duncan pick-ups - black 1997
Gibson Les Paul Standard- wine 1993
Tanglewood Tennessee- red electro acoustic 2005
Fender USA Telecaster - two tone sunburst 2006

I just traded for a Gibson Les Paul Classic...this one has Seymour Duncan Pickups!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Jasmine  S35 by Takamine - my first guitar
Takamine EG 334 CE - my newest acoustic/electric that i just did a good set up on and it plays like butter and sounds like honey.
57 Silvertone Electric - It was given to me from the original owner. It needs alot of love and work.
Agile AL 3100 wide in Rootbeer - My newest aquisition and a really great guitar.

Yamaha F325 (adapted to acoustic/electric), my first guitar
Aria FA-65
Seagull Coastline Acoustic/Electric Cedar Grand (arriving this week!)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

fender d10 acoustic

hondo hummungbird 1978 [pawn shop special]

new washburn acoustic

creamer mandolin   1934

badeye   cool

one caper after another