Topic: In My Father's Eyes

I would appreciate the chords for this song the words go like this:

From a distance he'd be watching me and I think some how he knew, that in my heart I longed to be like him. In time the closer we became the more it seemed I grew. I'd fall he'd piuck me up I'd try agian. He loves me even when I do the things I shouldn't do and when I try to do the things I should. In my father's eyes there's no wrong I've done, In my faather's eyes I am the perfect son. There must be someone I can't see and it makes me want to try to be like the son that's in my father's eyes.

Thanks alot

TopGun

Re: In My Father's Eyes

Hello TopGun - Any idea who wrote or recorded this song?  The songwriter's name or recording artists name would be very helpful . . . Love the lyric and would like to hear this song myself.

James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Dear James

I think the Artist is Eric Clapton.

Good Luck!

TopGun

Sorry The artist is Gary Duty.

you sure its not the same song? Eric Clapton has a song by that name. I have the tab to the Clapton song.

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

yes I am sure it's not Eric Clapton - this is a song that is totally different.  it starts off - From a Distance he'd be watching me and I think somehow he knew that in my heart I long to be like him. Trust me it's not the same song. This is how Eric Clapton's starts

Sailing down behind the sun,
Waiting for my prince to come.
Praying for the healing rain
To restore my soul again.

See Different song. but I would love to have the one by Gary Duty.

7 (edited by getfiddle 2009-05-08 19:22:13)

Ok. just wanted to be sure, cuz' I have the tab to the Eric Clapton song. Good luck with your search. Hope you find it.

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

sorry if I seemed like I was being rude I didn't mean to.

Hey Topgun,

If anyone can play?.....  I'm thinking maybe Dan Fogleberg?  Seems to me I have heard the tune you are describing and I "think" Dan did it.

Either way, Good Hunting and Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

nope Dan Fogleberg did Father's eyes by Eric Clapton.