Topic: I didn't want to stay

here is one of my latest ones, feel free to do whatever you want to do to it if you feel the need.

I Didn't Want To Stay By Ken "upyerkilt" Godwin

to be played fast

[C]You said you don’t want me to[G] go oh no no no

[C]You said you don’t want me to[G] go

[F]You said ye want me to [C]stay the night

[F]And you said ye’d make ev[C]erything alright [G]

You said ye’d give me another chance

I say chances don’t make romance

you’d forget what I done and leave it in the past

[F]But lets forget it since I kno[D7]w it will never last

[G][A][G] [C][G] [A][C] [G]X 2 [G]

I said I think it’s time I should go , you say no

I think it’s time that I should go

Ye said ye’d kill me before ye let me leave

Obsession’s not healthy or so I am led to believe

I said I don’t want another chance

I cheated on you cause I don’t like romance

I done it once and I know I will do it again

So lets forget it coz im just like the other men

[G] [A] [G] [C] [G] [A] [C] [G] X 2[G]

[F] [C] [G] [Em] [F] [C] [G] X4[G]

And now I have left you there, yer all alone

And now that I have left you there

You got my picture in bed with you at night

Thinking of that time and maybe I just might

You didn’t want me to go , oh no no no

You didn’t want me to go

You tried to keep me there all night

You could have made everything alright

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: I didn't want to stay

Ken - just gave it a vigorous thrashing.  I like it and particulary like the 'chances don't make romance' line.  I hear this one with a relentless punk throb and snarl.  Great fun!  Keep the hits a-comin' . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi Ken,

I played it fast, I played it loud, with a big cheesey grin on my face and my imagination in overdrive. I had real fun with it, thanks!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

My fingers are slower than Roger's but it sounded great to me. Would love to hear it.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hmm.. seems quite repetative and lacking in form.  good for a first try though.  If it isn't your first try...you might want to read up on song writing formula.

DJ Cormier
[url=http://www.bigdjindustriez.tk]www.bigdjindustriez.tk[/url]
myspace.com/bigdjindustriez

Hello dj,

Welcome to the songwriting section as this is your first posting down here. I am sure that Ken welcomes your opinion of his work as well as everyone else's.

I am however a little surprised to note that your comments are completely different to all the others. The one thing that is a little different down here though, is that everyone else who has commented has written and performed their own songs, so their qualifications for comment are know. Yours are not, but as you appear to know so much and have studied songwriting perhaps you can show us how it should be done by posting one of yours for us to peruse. As you also come from a family of famous performers you will have no trouble in recording it so we can hear how it really should be.

To assist, I am offering to edit your song to chopro format to make it appear 'nice and purdy' when you post it (that is, if you do not know how to do so yourself). All I would ask is that you write the lyrics with the chords in the correct place and surrounded by square bracket like so: [C] [Am] [F] [G]. If you do not have anywhere your upload your song I can easily put it on Friends of Chordie for you for everyone to enjoy if you send me a recording of it.

I am sending you my personal e-mail address by private message.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

hey ken.I like your song.I tried at a slower pace.Almost like a love gone wrong.very cool.have a

good one...Badeye.

one caper after another

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>bigdjindustriez wrote on Sat, 24 March 2007 00&#58;10</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Hmm.. seems quite repetative and lacking in form.  good for a first try though.  If it isn't your first try...you might want to read up on song writing formula.
</td></tr></table>

hey hey!

checked out your website and myspace... didn't find any original music of any kind. i'm with roger; sure would like to see and/or hear some of your compositions...

peace, slim.

hey hey!

btw ken another good one! i did it with power chords and all down strokes its a blast! reminds me of the glory days of the punk scene.

peace, slim.