Re: Too many songs getting removed.

lol 2 posts and a host of fans!

I'm the son of rage and love

Just a brief comment here....

Thanks for your support everyone!  I was really trying to be understanding of all sides of the issue, and was not able to "enlighten".
You do have to wonder though, what the upbringing of that person was like to feel strongly that their individual wants are paramount?

There is a "life lesson" here, that may have fallen on deaf ears.  To me that is depressing....

Take Care All, and Thanks;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

28 (edited by evsynator 2009-05-20 17:46:50)

well done chordie and all who sail in her ... all our freedoms are trying to be took away from the net .. not just chordie .. it is one site after the other after the other ... 20 years from now we will be talking to our grandchildren of how free it used to be and they wont believe us ... ( the british government promises free broadband access to everyone in the country in the future - but guess what ? its going to be censored ) ...... all of us have to fight what is going to happen and not just only on one site ....

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

Obscurite should have picked Obscuwrong for a handle. I can understand some one wanting to biatch about something but if you have half a brain then you know there is a right way and a wrong way. I hope he figures it out soon so he can enjoy and not be a miserable SOB his whole life.
Well said Doug...Some people are you just can't talk to and he's one of them.
Well Done Topdown...You said all that was needed to be.

Nuff said
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Doug_Smith wrote:

You do have to wonder though, what the upbringing of that person was like

Some people are just born angry.

The others become ( and stay ) members of Chordie.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

I'm a little late on the subject, but, yes it bothers me to not find a song I want on here.  BUT, I also understand the reasons of copyright and such.   And as one who has googled and searched endlessly, there are sites where the songs can be found.  It's just a question of persistence and a bit of luck.  Am I going to get mad at chordie???  Heck no!!  I have found a treasure trove of tunes and such and have added to my music knowledge tremendously by being here. 

As for the rules, there's a reason for them...........duuurrrrrr.   If ever donations are needed here, let me know, Chordie is too precious for me to lose.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

32 (edited by kramsurfer 2009-06-30 09:39:59)

Wow.. That guy REALLY doesn't know when to pick a battle....

Great site!  Been using it a few years and recommend it to all players I converse with when the discussion turns to learning new songs.  Definitely a first stop for me...  Before a general Google search and that's saying something !

Thanks for the Great Site...

Keith

Oh and I agree with the donation link if needed  ( because i know it costs money to run servers )   A paypal link would net a few dollars from me....

If Chordie needs PayPal and goes that route, I'll chip in as well!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I think that Chordie is a great site. It doesn't have all of the songs I want but I have a list of other sites to try as well.
If a charge is needed then so be it. I think that the music industry as a whole will lose out if Chordie does go.
How often do you look at a song for a whiole then leave it alone. Charging will stop you looking at a song that may be ok.
It's like the difference between film and digital cameras. You can afford to take hundreds of photos in the hope of getting a few good ones.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.