1 (edited by KajiMa 2009-06-10 18:59:38)

Topic: Swimming With Dolphin

For Kenny, with thanks!

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Click on the chord symbols to find the variation.
F6b5 as written (don't know what it's really called).

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Re: Swimming With Dolphin

Very Nice Writing JJ smile

To have the freedom to swim with dolphin and not a care in the world is a dream shared by many.

"Oh I could dream of distant lands and oceans deep,
The warm depths the womb...
In which I sleep."

Powerful metaphorical writing my friend.

Any chance we can have a listen?  I hope so. smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Kenny!

Not yet, but soon, I hope, very soon!!!

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

hi kajima lovely lyrics but can't relate to sound,i only play basic chords so i'll have to wait for your recording,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

5 (edited by KajiMa 2009-06-10 18:58:29)

Thanks very much, daddy cool !

It appears and sounds harder than it is.

The first chord is an open Em with the top 2 strings as an open D.

Next is a C with a G bass (play open E shape on bottom 3 strings).

Barre F 1st with top 2 strings open.

Barre G 3rd ditto.

Barre A 5th ditto.

I felt they had an ethereal quality as of dreams (verse) and an undercurrent as of seas (bridge thingummy).

I played it at the 'Vic here in Priddy on Monday last and it went down very well. No-one knows what it's really about!!!

Thanks for taking the time to look daddy cool!

PS: I had a devil of a job finding the names of the chords - I had 3 or 4 seperate chord identifying sites open at once!

Is it just practice?

7 (edited by StranSongs 2009-06-11 05:40:37)

If you're into innovative chords, then you'll find that they often have more than one name, depending on the key. I tend to look for the sound in my head, rather than the chords I know,

To identify chords there ain't nothing better than this.

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php

Mind you I still end up having to scratch out the tab on my originals to remember some of them!

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Thanks StranSongs!

I did come across this one while I was trying to find the name of the Barre F - without - the - top and nothing came up (What IS the name of that chord?) so I abandoned that one. I've just been back and everything else works great with the rest of the chords. That address has gone in my favourites!

Thanks again!!!

hi again you've got me beat already ,i don't use bar chords,don't use all the technical jargon,justC,C7,G,G7,A,A7,Am,D,D7,Dm,Bb these are all the chords i know and i find i can play  100s of my favorite songs with just these few chords ,and all the songs i've posted are by just using these,it suits my needs....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi KajiMa
Well done in putting your first song up on the forum...
"Swimming with Dolphins" sounds almost like an title for an Ambient piece..:)
Hope you can get the song on the net so we can hear the melody etc..
ark

Thanks Arkady.

I wanted it to be ethereal (if not ambient) as it's about lucid dreaming (*), so that's the chords, and the rhythm is kinda like the rise and fall of the sea.

As to getting it recorded?!...........

VERY exciting things have started happening as of yesterday, so keep your fingers crossed for me and I will be sure to let Chordian friends be the first to know!!!

(*. No, I haven't given the meaning away!)

Thanks again for everyones comments, I think I'll repeat this process!!! cool