Topic: i need a capo

when i play my guitar i pretty much always have to use a capo. i finally have most of the chords nailed and im happy with my strumming/fingerpicking but the one thing that bugs me is when i dont use a capo some notes ring or dont work at all. i can bearly barre without the capo either. is it me or the guitar? cheers

Re: i need a capo

Ger,
I would think it sounds like a few things maybe.

You say you get a ringing sound. This might be nutt fault, ( the part where the strings are guided from the tuning keys to the fret board)

Also if you can only barr when a capo is on then I would think your action is too high. When you put a capo on it reduces the action of the strings so it would make it easier to barr.

I would suggest you get yerslef down to a music shop with no intention of buying a guitar. Ask to have a shot of some really good guitars and see how you get on with them.
This is not to say yours is not a good guitar. It might just need a little help from an experienced person.
If you find you can play other guitar ok and you do not want to change your guitar you can ask in a shop for advice. They would probably ask you to bring it in so they can have a look and let you know if it is worth doing anything or/and how much it would cost.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: i need a capo

Sounds to me like your action is too high. You can get this adjusted in a good guitar shop and it shouldn't be very expensive. I'd take Ken's advice and go and try some expensive guitars. Even if it's just for the fun of it!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??