Topic: For fans of Andy McKee...or those who just like a great acoustic solo

Many of you may have seen this, I just recently discovered it, it's Andy McKee's "She", a beautiful acoustic masterpiece.  Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go9c7SaxUH4

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: For fans of Andy McKee...or those who just like a great acoustic solo

Thanks for the link.

I have watched Andy's career over the years and he along with Don Ross have been inspiring.  Like cosmic guitar playing, way above my level, but good stuff to listen to and enjoy.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Wow! amazing stuff, and I'd never heard of this guy before, absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much for the link, I watched several of his video's

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I just found tab for this song today, it's acutally not too hard, just hard to make it sound good haha....I'm going to try and get a version of it recorded next month.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

I love Andy McKee's technique and passion for music. He( McKee) credits the late, great Michael Hedges as one of his main influences.  Hedges' music still makes me tear up and get that huge lump in my throat everytime I hear him do his magical, mystical thang. Michael Hedges is one of my primary  musical heros and I'm very positive that Andy McKee will effect many others in a similar or greater way that Hedges has touched this musician and many, many others. Andy McKee is a special, tremendously gifted musician...............

Give everything but up.

Well SouthPaw41L,

Now I'll have to look up Micheal Hedges, as I've never heard of him either, thats one great thing about tecnology, hit a few buttns  "Boom" your there. I love hearing artists that you may never hear on the radio or in mainsteam music, some of the links to the people I've seen here on Chordie that people put up are great musicians that you might not have ever heard of otherwise.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down