Topic: Birthday

Today is Canada's  140th birthday.   Happy Canada Day.   Its a payed holiday across the nation. Great day to have a few beer and play guitar.

Badeye   cool cool

one caper after another

Re: Birthday

Happy Birthday to all of my northern neighbors. I drink a cold one (or 6) in celebration myself!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

A very happy birthday to our northern neighbors and friends wishing you many more smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Yeah, happy Canada Day to our colonial cousins. Party on!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Well, Happy Birthday to Canada.  Any day is good for beer and guitars.  Maybe I'll have an extra one for Canada

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Happy Birthday to our Canadien friends!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

By all means, Happy Birthday to all our neighbors to the North!

Be well and Prosper for many many more!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thank you from all Canadian's, We celebrated the day with a four hour guitar jam with some good friends, ate lobster and shrimp, and capped it off wirh fireworks. Now back to work.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

eh happy canada day? lol oh no not again, happy this happy that.

ok, happy canada day 140 years old? Sorry but I dont believe that. I am sure it will be a few million years old and I am sure.....nope I am positive that their were residents in canada before 140 years ago.

When is it happy Scotland day?

lol  lol

Hope ye all have a good day off.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

As an American with French Canadian roots and many relatives still living around the St.Lawrence River.  And also strong ties to Alberta Province.  Happy Birthday to you Canada.

I will play some Gordon Lightfoot Tunes in your honor.  Time for a little "Canadian Railroad Trilogy." by Gordon Lightfoot.  As well as a few others by him!

Peace and prosperity to our Northern Neighbors!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

upyerkilt wrote:

ok, happy canada day 140 years old? Sorry but I dont believe that. I am sure it will be a few million years old and I am sure.....nope I am positive that their were residents in canada before 140 years ago.

lol  lol

Ken

Happy Scotland Day to ye! Ken!  And the Nova Scotia province has many a settler from the Highlands! 

Cheers

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Shoot, I had a birthday last Saturday and nobody told me "happy birthday".

Nela

upyerkilt wrote:

Ken

Ken - As the unofficial King of Scotland, I would think you have the power to grant Happy Scotland Day any and every day you choose. If I were in your role, I'd choose every Friday. So Happy Scotland Day to you my friend!

NELA wrote:

Nela

Sorry I missed it. A belated Happy Nela Birthday to you sir!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Okay I'm with Top on this one.... Ken could declare any day he likes, as long as he's buying the spirits!

But the Scot in me says that it should be the first day of January, on the premise that it is the start of the calendar Day One.  We all should be aware that God made Scotland First, and made the other lands on an "as needed" basis.  LOL

Take Care All;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

badeye wrote:

Today is Canada's  140th birthday.   Happy Canada Day.   Its a payed holiday across the nation. Great day to have a few beer and play guitar.

Badeye   cool cool

I wonder... if you are born on Canada Day, like me, can you get free beer in Canada? That should be the rule or at least for that day (at least in my opinion).  smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF

Hope you have a good one and get loads of free beer

Ken

Doug_Smith wrote:

We all should be aware that God made Scotland First, and made the other lands on an "as needed" basis.  LOL

Doug

Hee hee lol

Ewan MacGregor said after doing The Long Way Round that he could see a lot of similarities in the landscape to that of Scotland, which just prooves that God made Scotland first. If St Ewan said it it must be true. big_smile

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

jets60 wrote:
badeye wrote:

Badeye   cool cool

I wonder... if you are born on Canada Day, like me, can you get free beer in Canada? That should be the rule or at least for that day (at least in my opinion).  smile

Happy belated birthday Jets, If your ever here on Canada day I will supply you with beer till you had your fill, Canadian beer that is.   

Hope you had a great day...    Badeye   :cool;

one caper after another

NELA wrote:

Nela

Happy belated birthday to you Nela,   It's friday nite and I will have a cold beer in your honour.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

alvee33 wrote:
Doug_Smith wrote:

We all should be aware that God made Scotland First, and made the other lands on an "as needed" basis.  LOL

Doug

Hee hee lol

Ewan MacGregor said after doing The Long Way Round that he could see a lot of similarities in the landscape to that of Scotland, which just prooves that God made Scotland first. If St Ewan said it it must be true. big_smile

lol

I missed this forst time round. superb. reminds me of a ringtone I had " if its not scottish its crap"

ok, sorry highjacking a bit here.
lets get back to topic.

happy birthday again cananda.

Hope yer having the hair of the dog and starting again

Ken

upyerkilt wrote:

lol  lol

Ken

The man sticks to his guns, I like that.
Happy B-Day Canada. If I could think of a canadian beer right now, I'd slam one for ya.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

badeye wrote:
jets60 wrote:
badeye wrote:

Badeye   cool cool

Happy belated birthday Jets, If your ever here on Canada day I will supply you with beer till you had your fill, Canadian beer that is.   

Hope you had a great day...    Badeye   :cool;

Thanks Brad - I think that's just a few days ride up the road from me. I'll have to take you up on that sometime. Same goes for you if you make it down to the DC area as well...of course it will have to be american beer here but you know...when in Rome and all.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

upyerkilt wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF

Hope you have a good one and get loads of free beer

Ken

Actually I was open mike'ing that night and I did drink for free but not too much as I was trying not to suck up on stage. I didn't know if there were any Canadians there but the mood seemed festive.

J  E  T  S

NELA wrote:

Nela

Nela you should've just anounce it! I anounced it and alot of members gladly replied and congratulated, which made me feel great, and I played and sang all night!!! The thread was called Happy B day to me!! Happy belated!!!!!!!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!