51 (edited by ozymandias 2009-04-30 01:15:06)

Re: Geeserhood .....

Lol, I shared some of those with my daughter as she was wondering what was giving me the giggles.  Tubatooter definitely posted some good one's.

I'd post the song that goes, "How do I know my youth is all spent.  My get up and go has got up and went."  But, that would violate the rules of copyright.  <sigh>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Well, I know now I'm am truly an old geezer, I was walking down the road when a funeral proession paused to see if I needed a lift, and if that wasn't bad enough the local fire department called to see if on my next birthday they could attend in case all the candles got out of hand. Later in the day the Smithsonian called to request my participation in an exhibit on the evolution of man.I've noticed Tighting my belt has become uncomfortable under my arm pits, anyone else having these problems?

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I have noticed that several deep breathes, in advance, are required to stay bent over long enough to tie my shoes!!  I might be in the market for a pair of slip ons.  My wife bought me a cell phone.  She says I'm  supposed to keep it on my person at all times. So if I get lost I can call and read a road sign,"if I can find my glasses", then she can tell me which way to go to find HOME!!  Now , if I can just find that darn cell phone.  big_smile

Ron

I know this is an old post, but I just thought of a new one, you know your an old geezer if you remember the old commercial

Brylcream, a little dap'll do you

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Dang, I remember that and also my "mother" aka female progenitor insisting I use that for most of catholic elementary school.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Yep, I remember that one and "You wonder where the yellow went"   when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Another sign of geezerhood.  When I'm watching TV with my daughter and thinking that the female leads' mothers are quite attractive but the leads should put on a sweater to cover her shoulders.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Another sign of geezerhood.  When I'm watching TV with my daughter and thinking that the female leads' mothers are quite attractive but the leads should put on a sweater to cover her shoulders.

- Zurf

Yep, I second that!

An all-nighter for me now is getting through the night without having to get up for a pee.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

An all-nighter for me now is getting through the night without having to get up for a pee.

I don't have many all nighters anymore either.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I grew up using Ipana toothpaste; my first car costs $60 and I bought an 8 year old Oldsmobile for $250.

But most of all, I miss "big hair" and mini skirts, which reminds me of how much I miss Barbara Eden playing Jeannie. Lucky for me the Ion channel has I Drean of Jeannie reruns on every week day. Seeing her damned near puts me into cardiac arrest.

I can remember when the Dead Sea first became ill..........

Give everything but up.

I dont know if this makes me old, but I find I repeat a lot of stuff to my kids that my dad use to say to me when I was a kid. Like "Why are all my tools in the yard!" "Stop hitting your brother" or my favorite, " your mom just got home, leave her alone for 5 mins!"
My ideal morning now is a cup of coffee and CNN. My ideal nite is putting the kids to sleep before my wife falls asleep so we can have "alone" time

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Geezerhood has it's good points. Nobody expects you to run or even walk fast. People expect very little from us when it's time to move a refrigerator or push a truck off.
However, I notice this guy with a shovel following me around everywhere I go.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

You're definitely a fully fledged geezer if you ever had a 3 geared car. My first car was a 1957 Ford Defect. I can remember so many horror stories of that car that more than one person has said to me that i should write a book about it. So guess what, I have started to write. I hope that i have enuff' stories to finish, and to get it published. lol

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

You're starting to get there when you don't care where you're spouse is going, just so long as you don't have to go along.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

buvvy wrote:

You're definitely a fully fledged geezer if you ever had a 3 geared car. My first car was a 1957 Ford Defect. I can remember so many horror stories of that car that more than one person has said to me that i should write a book about it. So guess what, I have started to write. I hope that i have enuff' stories to finish, and to get it published. lol

Thats what I learned on, 3 gears on the steering column.