Topic: OLD DOGS NEED LOVIN TOO

I was having a little fun with my new loopstatiion and prerecorded a few tracks and jammed some slide guitar (dobro) and made up the lyrics on the fly I really am having a ball with this new equipment and beginning to learn how everything works if you get a few minutes check out the video smile
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … d=60993871

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: OLD DOGS NEED LOVIN TOO

Great job Russell, good song.

Badeye   cool

one caper after another

I thank you very much I will be working with this loopstation a lot I'm putting a songlist together haven't made up my mind what genre yet but I'm leaning toward the blues smile

badeye wrote:

Great job Russell, good song.

Badeye   cool

Nice work as always sir. I don't want to hijack the thread but I was considering trying dobro. Have you ever played a round neck upright like a regular guitar (I think they call it spanish style)??

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Thanks Geo yea I have but it feels more comfortable laying flat and I'm gonna improvise and make a stand so it lays horizontal probably from an old heavy mic stand just got to figure out how to do it but necessity is the mother of invention smile

geoaguiar wrote:

Nice work as always sir. I don't want to hijack the thread but I was considering trying dobro. Have you ever played a round neck upright like a regular guitar (I think they call it spanish style)??

that was cool...one man band.... smile

Thanks Randy I would rather play with a few more people but it aint gonna happen looks like perhaps some day smile

riddler wrote:

that was cool...one man band.... smile

Truth be told Russell.... Blues is surely your genre!

You could make a career doing Blues music, if you weren't such an up-beat guy.  The loop work is coming along nicely as well.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanke Thanke Thanke Doug smile the blues dont always have to be slow I like the upbeat feel more even if the story is about losing or troubles it just kind of clips along and makes people want to dance and have a good time and forget there troubles for a bit,the loop pedal is almost another instrument in itself but once you work with it and naturally read the manual everything falls into place I still have some smoothing out to do so I keep practicing with it till its second nature just like learning scales or any chords difficult at first but with time and practice the rough edges disappear smile