Topic: So Many I Don't Knows

Too Many “I Don't Knows�  Undefined

[D] Wooden teeth and [G] pigeon [Bm] toes, [Em] flags [G] on the [A] moon.

Did [D] ET land, did [G] Elvis [Bm] die?

Too [Em] many [A] I don't [D] knows.

[D] Why did Hitler [G] go to [Bm] war, who [Em] gave [G] Saddam the [A] right?

The [D] holocaust, ethnic [G] cleansing...[Bm] loss.

I [Em] just can't [A] sleep [D] tonight.

(Chorus 1)

So [G] many things I [Bm] aught to know.

[G] Things that [Em] shaped the [A] world.

[G] Will I die not [Bm] knowing why.

There's so [Em] many [G] I don't [D] knows.

Mmmm over verse chords.

[Chorus 2)

[G] Why do birds lay [Bm] eggs in spring?

[G] Why does [Em] cancer [A] grow?

[G] Will I die not [Bm] knowing why.

There's so [Em] many [G] I don't [D] knows.

[D] Why did Jesus [G] die for [Bm] us, did he [Em] think [G] us [A] good?

If he's [D] looking down, what [G] would he [Bm] feel.

Too [Em] many [A] I don't [D] knows.

If [D] God made the world in [G] seven [Bm] days, [Em] what was [G] on his [A] mind.

When [D] Oppenheimer [G] made his [Bm] bomb.

And [Em] killed most [G] of [D] Japan.

(Repeat chorus 1&2)

Words and Music by Phill Williams. 7th August 2009.

This one is again on soundclick. so click the link below and click on my name below my picture, if you want to hear it that is....

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: So Many I Don't Knows

Powerful lyrics Phil, looking forward to hearing this one. Well done. Not usually into being thought provoked on a Friday night, but this made very interesting and intriguing reading. Good job!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Seriously, my favorite to date. Love the humming part. Do you play harmonica? I can hear a harmonica in this one. even broke mine out and played along.
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Hi Phill :-)
Yer gettin gooder...much gooder.  Lots of questions that I have asked myself are written here. Great idea for a song cause you should have material for at least a million verses.
Now if you could only come up with a song that has all the answers...You'd be a rich man my friend.

Well Done :-)

By the by, very cool having your tunes at soundclick. More than 10 songs is a bonus. Is it a hassle joining, or is there little tricks like at Myspace.

Danka
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Played this 3 times already, as bud says, powerful, and direct.  I love the quality of your voice in particular in this one.  Here's another I don't know - how Phill Williams does it! smile

KAP54 wrote:

Hi Phill :-)
Yer gettin gooder...much gooder.  Lots of questions that I have asked myself are written here. Great idea for a song cause you should have material for at least a million verses.
Now if you could only come up with a song that has all the answers...You'd be a rich man my friend.

Well Done :-)

By the by, very cool having your tunes at soundclick. More than 10 songs is a bonus. Is it a hassle joining, or is there little tricks like at Myspace.

Danka
Kenny

Ok....I'm struggling. Where are the songs on soundclick? For the life of me, I can't find them!!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Hey Bud... Right under Phills picture click on the highlighted link. :-)

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi guys, thanks for the replies

bud-wiser, i know soundclick is not the easiest site to navigate, but if you click on the link at the bottom then when you get to my page scroll down under my picture and you'll see my name with a line below it....click that and wallah [cant spell french!]
glad you like the words, hope the song gets you too.

hi restless spirit, i'll add that to the list along with why you like my voice...i hate it. but i'm so glad you like the song, and your welcome to play it as many times as you like.

hi kenny, a million and a half verses i expect, now the problem with answers is...uuhm! 47

hi selso, no i dont play harmonica, but if you want to down load the song and add a track i'd love to hear it.

thanks again everyone, i truly enjoy your comments

phill

Hey Phill! cool

F - R - E - N - C - H! big_smile

Absolute cracker of a song and excellently recorded too! cool

You've got quite a Vox on you, too!!! cool

What's your recording set up? If you wanna tell, I wanna know makes, models, settings, etc starting with your monitoring facilities!

- Please!   smile

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Great song  Phill I can relate to that,there are so many I don't knows,it's about time we got the real answers

I like you recording,I just plug a mike into my x-fi card in my pc,open up sony vegas and of I go.

Trevor

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Phil,
flippin great song!
I love it all nearly. The last verse is a wee bit too goddy for me. Half of goddy stuff would been good for me but hey not my song and still very well written and a great idea for it too.

The idea of this song could inspre more writers to write about the unknown the unexplained the unidentified.
If i remember tomorrow I might sit and wrote a new song. If I dont then this has still gave me the thought on what to base the idea on for next time.

Good stuff

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Phill
Your on a roll and It seems like the songwriting forum has exploded today with posts. smile
I think Soundclick got a limit of 100 songs just thought I let you know. lol
Joking apart most excellent as usual..
ark

i'm just overwhelmed with all the replies, and all positive [except for the last verse maybe? ken!] anyway,

kajima, i dont know what "vox on you" means...i played through a Vox AC30 once, what an amp!

my recording set-up for this song was; a Beyerdynamic TG-X60 mic through an Alesis Multimix 8 USB mixer into my Korg D8 digital recorder. the guitar [which i played at the same time] is a Crafter semi acoustic [left handed] with cutaway plugged in directly to the Alesis. the Alesis has a shed-full of FX's as does the Korg, but i only used reverb on this recording.

in case any one's interested, the song was conceived and written then recorded in a matter of 30 or so minutes. i'd been on chordie, and as i switched off and got up to have my tea, the thought "there's so many things i don't know" came into my head...like for instance Lincoln's wooden false teeth! the Elvis lives conspiracy, why despots and dictators want to kill and ethnically cleanse their country? and why [ken] if there is a god, why does he allow all this inhumanity to happen?

hi ctec, welcome to chordie, viva la revolution [e]

hi ark, only a hundred? i'll have to start deleting! i must be catching up to daddycool now huh?

phill

14 (edited by ctech 2009-08-10 11:14:26)

Hi Phill, Got just one word for you 'Sedition'' There's not enough of it, They see the pyramid with them at the top,I see the pyramid upside down with us at the top,How can so few rule over so many? The world is in such a mess.

Really good song written then recorded in a matter of 30 or so minutes,I love it smile

Trevor

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Hey Phill!

Vox = voice.

You've got quite a vox on you = YOU WAIL, MAN!

cool

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<