1 (edited by selso 2009-08-10 18:38:01)

Topic: Night He Went To God Recording.

Well, yesterday was the 11th year of my twin brother's death and I thought I'd break out with this one. It's edited for content but if the moderators feel like it needs to be edited further,  I take no offense. the recordings on myspace

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: Night He Went To God Recording.

hi selso have'nt had time to listen to the recording yet,on my way to mumsy's so i'll comment later,good post....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hey Selso,

very  poignant song - there's a line somewhere between the blues and old time that you have made your own here

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Wow Selso! Fantasic effort ,nothing short of brilliant. As I mentioned to you previously, your brother lives within you through your music. So sorry for your loss. Your brother would be extremely proud of you. I am, thanks for sharing.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Thanks you guys. Your comments mean a lot. Especially yours, Southpaw. This was a hard one to perform, not necessarily to write. but I can barely make it through with out breaking down
Selso

Reverend Horton Heat

Well Done. Those lyrics are powerful man...keep them coming.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

7 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-08-10 20:29:50)

what a sad and heart rending song. i get the feeling this has been waiting to come out for a long time. i guess now is the right time.

great song, and i cant wait to hear it, that will have to be tomorrow as i dont have time right now, it's late and the wife's got supper on the go. i'll listen first chance and comment then.

remember the good times...

ok i had a listen, i didnt expect that cajun rhythm. good song.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Great Job on this Selso smile

"Now we drink to sorrow,
Now we drink his name,
No more demons in my dreams
Cuz whiskey makes me sane"

Brilliant writing on these lyrics. I hope you have a chance to play this for your Mom and the rest of the family. They'd be proud of this as I believe your brother is.

Kudos to you Sir and I'll echo Geo...keep em coming.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Selso,
superb job on this, great lyrics.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey Geo,
Thanks for taking the time to listen. I tried to be a blunt as possible when I wrote it.

Hey Phil,
Your right, this did need to come out. I've written other songs about my brother, but nothing so straight forward. Thanks for listening.

Hi ya Kap,
Your emailed helped alot. And I thank the mods for being so cool about the lyrical content. Sometimes we just need a push from an unexpected source. Thanks again, buddy

Hi Ken,
I figured you might like this. Though we defiantly have difference of opinion on some stuff, I think music is one thing we can agree on. Thanks for commenting.

Selso

Reverend Horton Heat

Hi Selso
I applaud this song for it's honest and succinct lyrics done in your own style...
Well done
ark

this has a dark quality about it i really like it. good job

Its hard to give up something you know might not happen
Its even harder when its everything you ever wanted.

That song hits hard Selso.  For me , a good song is one that makes you think about or feel something. That song did both, especially the lines "They handed me a shovel" and "as the dirt came down like rain". I've lost two brothers myself.... both musicians... and they live within me still.   Yours will always be with you...   Peace and love

Ron

Nice song, Selso.

A beautiful country-tinged tribute, which would do your brother proud, I'm sure. I can hear a slight Van Zandt influence on that track, and most of your other stuff. Thanks for the friend request.

[url]www.freerice.com[/url]