Re: Random or What???!!!: Episode II

Flatpicker 55 wrote:

Hi Washed by him .. a great example of flatpicking the tune and adding rhythm
                              played by one of the best ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Krey-_0-TA

Happy pickin friends ...   smile

Was catching up t'other day and today went back and added this to favourites!

cool x 9 x 10 to the 2!

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzNjmIWbns4

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

I dig this tune and really love the fretless bass.

Give everything but up.

Glad ya like it!

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAJP1JRk8s

I need to apologize for my emoness and express my gratitude to those who emailed me to give me encouragement.  Your words have not fallen on deaf ears or eyes as cyberspace allows.  LOL

Anyway, I still haven't mustered the discipline to pick up "Victoria" and play away.  But, I have hope that soon I will and feel peace in the "Six String Brotherhood".  Or twelve if thats what your into.

As SouthPaw would say, "Peace and Guitars".  For in music is peace and strength.

Sorry for my emoness!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

81 (edited by ozymandias 2009-08-11 23:40:57)

Kajima, your post resonated with me, I felt what you said in a slightly different way long ago in a NY city subway.  And I long for that mystical and wonderful connection that is all too random and rare. 

Thank you!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

smile

It's been 4 months and my strings are still buzzing.... They do it when my brother plays it too.... I am thinking it is the guitar, not me now! That's Good and bad all at once!

84 (edited by KajiMa 2009-08-13 19:18:22)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAJP1JRk8s

again!

And just for good measure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3nv4vdASBQ

Wow JJ I love this guy.  Louisianna1927 is an outstanding song by an outstanding artist. This is the first I have heard of him so a big thanks for the links. smile

Kenny

PS You should post this in the Bands/Artist Section as a lot of people might miss this here.

Thanks for the Email Chuckle. You should send it to Daddycool in honor of the song he just posted for his grandson.

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Looks and sounds good. 

For me, the plus side was I resumed my lessons after 5 freakin weeks and we went over barre chords and their application to various tunes.  And it felt good, my fingers are seriously stiff, but, my mind is determined and I love the fact that I have something new and awesome to play with.

87 (edited by KajiMa 2009-08-13 22:45:56)

Hey Kap54!

You're welcome! Glad you like! cool

Have done (Wilco'd)! cool

Gonna have to look into sending Daddy cool that E-mail Chuckle, but wilco! smile

Hey Ozy!

big_smile

Post pictures! We want details!!!!!!!!! cool

SouthPaw41L wrote:
washed by Him! wrote:

just trying to grow a moustache lol

Are you male or female?

male

The world is only going to get worse!

hey guys, my fav band's newest cd is coming out on oct 6.
the band is relient k (if you've heard of em)

washed by Him! wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:
washed by Him! wrote:

just trying to grow a moustache lol

Are you male or female?

male

Well that makes the image less painful then..............

Give everything but up.

washed by Him! wrote:

hey guys, my fav band's newest cd is coming out on oct 6.
the band is relient k (if you've heard of em)

Posts like this should really be in "Bands and Artists".

Yeah, I like them.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Man, I was grumpy yesterday. big_smile

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

sorry alvee i guess that i thought it would be ok because it was very random.

Ben

Im having a break from the tidy up/move things around.de-cluter operation in my house.
We are chucking this house on the market then buying a BIG house.
I will even have my own personal music room, though my wife says it is a music/computer/leisure/drying room

lol

yeah right! it a music room

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

ozymandias wrote:

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

You can have mine.  I never use it and folk are forever giving me pieces of theirs. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Midges !

Start taking halibut oil on a daily basis. For some reason midges dont touch you if you have this in your system.

Southpaw is also right. I learned when studying Aromatherapy many years ago, a few drops of essential lemon oil mixed with water and sprayed where you sit kept the midges at bay.

This is a long piece you all may find interesting to read.

Quote"
But it appears that on the home front our toughest soldiers are prepared to pander to their softer side to combat Scotland's mosADVERTISEMENT t persistent foe: the midge.

For years the Marines at Faslane who guard nuclear missiles and the submarines capable of firing them have looked for an answer. They've finally found it in a brand of women's skin cream.

Instead of using mosquito repellent issued by their unit, soldiers and workers at the base are buying Avon body lotion to repel midges on the West Coast. The company traditionally associated with images of well-dressed women selling cosmetics door-to-door is experiencing an unexpected boom thanks to the pesky insect. Neil Smith, a Royal Navy spokesman at HMS Clyde, near Helensburgh, said: "It's not official kit but nothing works better and the Marines are buying it themselves because the midges are so bad up there."

The wonder cure is a £5 bottle of dry oil body spray from Avon's Skin So Soft range. The midge problem at the base where Trident missiles and Vanguard submarines are stationed is so bad it recently installed a MidgeEater machine at the front gate. Workers at the camp can often be seen wearing midge nets on their heads.

Royal Marines are also taking the skin cream on field training exercises outside the base. But although it is the answer to their prayers, they have not been able to buy it at the local chemist.

Smith said: "There has been a lot of group buying because you can only get the stuff from Avon. Some buy it online and others are ordering it through local Avon ladies."

A stores sergeant at 45 Commando, based at Arbroath, said: "There is nothing effeminate about it. The reason the Nods [Marines] are using it is because it is good kit. It works. It's as simple as that."

It is thought that the oily base of the body spray is the ingredient that repels midges. Made with shea butter and vitamins, Avon's packaging boasts that it will "ensure your skin feels velvety soft, hour after hour".

Sales of the spray have gone through the roof this summer with several Avon ladies selling hundreds of bottles.

Anna Brown, Avon's area manager for the West Coast of Scotland, where the company has 353 sales representatives, said word of the body spray's ability to repel midges has spread since the wives of servicemen discovered its hidden qualities.

She said: "We sell it as a body moisturiser but many people tell us they are only buying it to get rid of midges. We don't market it as an insect repellent because its primary use is to soften your skin. But it is undoubtedly one of our best sellers, with our best agents having to order up to 200 bottles every three weeks."

But like the best boots, clothing and equipment which soldiers buy out of their own pocket, there are no plans to make Avon's cream standard issue to troops.

And it is not only the military who are taking advantage of Avon's beauty products. Word of the spray's ability to fight midges has spread throughout the entire West Coast, with sales being picked up in Dumbarton, Campbeltown, Oban and Dunoon. It has also been claimed that both the US army and the SAS use it as mosquito repellent in the jungle.

Brown said: "We don't ask people why they are buying it but some people tell us it is because they have heard it is good at combating midges."

Scottish Water engineers in the Highlands and forestry workers are also placing orders. In recent years a more terminal approach to tackling midges has been the MidgeEater range of traps, which generate carbon dioxide to mimic the exhaled breath of humans which are the midge's favoured haunt. Once fooled into coming within range, the hapless insects are then sucked into the trap at high speed.

But despite its dry oil body spray's midge-fighting ability, Avon seems reluctant to sell the lotion to the British public as an insect repellent.

A company spokeswoman said: "We cannot do that because UK pharmaceutical laws ban us from doing so, although there has been talk of it being marketed as an mosquito repellent in America where the rules are different."

There are more than 30 species of midge in Scotland but it is the female Culicoides impunctatus variety that causes torment. It is the only type of midge that bites. The crew responsible for the final episodes of Monarch of the Glen set at Ardverikie estate, near Loch Laggan, wore anti-midge body suits and veiled headgear while filming.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

ahhhhh
Ardverikie estate, near Loch Laggan.

It is more nearer Laggan village. I dont know why loch laggan is called so when it is about 9 miles down the road.
This is the area where the spey dam is. Also the are where i go up to go to the cottages when i vanish wit hthe wife and kids. My firend has a 2 cottages joined together up there. It is great to get away.
But ye dont get much midgies up the hills there as there is always a breeze blowing.

Also, if anyone watches "monarch of the glen" and is intersted, on the entrance to the cottages where i go we got the sign for " glenbogle wildlife park" on the gate to the cottage.

I also got tons of pics from all over that area, some are on my face book and some on flickr and some stashed in my PC.
Fishing is good up there too as no one is allowed to fish on the river passed the dam apart fro mresidents so guess what..... I can!!

KEn

My wife's been using Skin So Soft to deter mosquitos and "no see ums" (which is what they call midges here in southern U.S.) as long as I've known her, which is a little over 25 years.   I never noticed it working particularly well, but I've never been terribly bothered by gnats and midges and such.  Mosquitos seem to think my blood is some primo stuff (most likely the wine I dilute it with), so I get more than my share of those little vampires. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

oh yeah,
avon's skin so soft does not work for everyone for some reason.
I now folk that swear by it and I know others including me that have tried it and still got eaten alive.

An establishment by loch lomondside called The Cruin have it behind the bar for folk that have to go outside for a fag, they have this on the bar free to use.
The midgies are really bad west end of scotland because of the damp air.

I might try that concoction out that Doll has said.
But my most favourite thing is " BIFF EM" nothing has worked as good as that.

Ken