Topic: Think GOD for aspirin!

Thursday afternoon, around 5:00PM. Working in garden. Shoulders started hurting, jaws started aching, broke out in a cold sweat, feeling nauseaus. dizzy. Thought I had gotten too hot. Came into house, tried to take shower but just too sick. Finally got over the dizziness enough to get into the shower. Feeling a little better. Still hurting and getting a slight headache. Looked through house for aspirin but could not find any. Went to my mother-in-laws house and took 3 aspirin. 1 I chewed and 2 that I swallowed. Went back home still not feeling well. Got on internet and searched "heartattack systoms" and the discriptions were exactly what I was having. Called my wife and told her to get home as quickly as possible. When she got home I sit her down and told her what I thought was going on. She loaded me up in her truck and carried me to the emergency room. Immediately upon arrivial it was confirmed that I was having a heartattack and within 2 hours the doctors and nurses had found the blockage and inserted a stient.  I was in bad shape with my bloodpressure bottomming out and a heartrate of less tha 20. The doctors all said that the aspirin is what saved my life as it works as a bloodthinner and that was what I needed. They also said they had never had anyone look uo the systoms of a heartattack and diagnose themselves.

Anyway, I'm back home, sore, tired, very week and scared. My heart suffered some damage but the doctors  think it was slight. There is a lotta members in the forum within my age bracket. If you don't know the systoms of a heartattack I suggest you look them up. I never had any severe hurt, just more of a discomfortable aching. Also, be sure to keep some asprin on hand - it is truly a MIRACLE DRUG.

NELA

Re: Think GOD for aspirin!

Wow - NELA, heck of a story. Glad you're OK. I usually use Aleve, gotta put some good ol' asprin on the shopping list.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Nela as toppy says, I too am glad yer OK.
What a moment that must have been,
Take it easy and rest. health is more important than anything.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Wow...Talk about cool under pressure. Kudos to you and your wife for heads up in a critical situation. That must have been a scary ride for you and the misses. I'm real glad it worked out OK for you and Yup...aspirin is a life saver.
I was recently diagnosed  with a moderate blockage in my Superficial Femoral Artery. This explains why I have been feeling like crapola the last 6 months. My right leg goes dead on me if I walk 2 flights of stairs. Anyways they have me on 3 different meds till they figure out the next step, one of them being 81 mg per day of ASPIRIN for just in case my blockage unblocks. Anyways for those of you that don't get regular check ups, don't underestimate the power of Aspirin cause it can and will save your life. smile

Another good reason for the internet cause if it wasn't here, maybe you wouldn't be. I've researched my problem and have learned tons about P.A.D.

Keep on Keeping on Nela smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Aspirin doesn't appear in a lot of people's medicine cabinets any more, since the Rhys Syndrome Scare.  Most of us have converted to one of the newer NSAID products....  It is a good idea to have a few around anyway for just these kinds of emergencies.  The shelf life of aspirin is not really long so if you open the bottle and it smells like vinegar, toss it and buy new.

See the Internet is good for something!  Goodonya Nela for clear thinking in a time of stress!  Rest up, heal up, and prayers for a full and rapid recovery coming your way.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Nela So glad your ok, and doing better, please take it easy, lots of rest and yes your right, it's a good idea to keep asprin around!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Hope everything goes well for you.  I try to take an 81mg everyday.  I have had a few small chest pains from time to time.  You just never know.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey Nela,

Please keep us posted on how your doing and if your able to play your guitar play.I went thru a traumatic experience ten years ago and without my guitar I don't think I would have made it.You probably already know it is the best stress reliever.

Good Luck and Take Care,

Later, Wayne P

Get well soon.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Praise God and thank him for Bayer.

I'm so glad that the damage seems to be slight and that you're still here for us to chat with on-line.  Now seeing this, I'm all that more disappointed that we didn't get the chance to meet up in San Diego. 

One more thing: Remember 9-1-1.  Call them THEN call your wife. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks, everyone for your comments. Even though none of us have ever met it's great to have family like this. This has been a "eye opening" experience for me. I have never been through anything like this before and it's is a scary situation. According to the Doctor I came very close to not being here. I want everyone to take this as a warning and if you are having any unexplained aches and pains to go and get a check-up. I have been having pains in both shoulders for quite a while. I have been to both orthopedic and arthritis doctors with this and both said this was due to age and past activities. Now that I have suffered a heart attack my shoulders have stopped hurting - go figure. All my previous aches and pains were early warning signs that I was not aware of.  If anyone is having these systems Please go get a check-up.

Nela

Wow NELA, you have been thru the wringer and back again.
Thank God you're okay. And I'm personally thanking God for using you to teach the rest of us. I will definitely be stocking ASPIRIN as part of our medical\survival kit at home and at work!

God bless,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Nela , I'm still numb after reading the last dozen posts. And amazed how you did everything right. I wish the best for you and hope you have a full recovery. Also ,I think I'm going to carry some aspirin with me on the road from now on. Thanks for sharing your experience and a prayer for you tonight!

Ron

Wow Nela that is something else. I am so pleased that you have a happy ending to your experience which so easily could have been a tragedy. You now need to take it easy and seek medical advice and do whatever is needed to prevent any further problems.

My thoughts and prayers are with you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Chordie for better health.

Nela, aspirin has been a wonder drug for me as well with my heart disease. After a quintuple bypass to prevent a heart attack, I now only take one aspirin a day to keep my blood thin, like you did. Good health to you.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Nela, you did well and I believe the aspirin saved you. May your insight and blessings continue.
I had some warning symtoms and a 5-way bypass prevented an attack.
I Now take one 325 grain aspirin a day as my only medication.
Now if they find a cure for stupid, I may yet be saved.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Health is more important than anything. I guess just rest and take it easy.

NOTE - link to commercial site removed by moderator - 1 more spam post will lead to ban

Hope you are OK, NELA.  I take aspirin every day now to ward off the heart problems.  I am sure it works.  Good luck to you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey Nela,
Sorry I missed this and I hope your feeling better.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Hi Nela.....so glad you kept a level head and had some aspirin close by!  Speedy recovery to you!

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

Good work pal. Glad you're doing ok. Take care

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth