Topic: TAKE A FEW GUITARS "CORRECTION"

Someone MUST have done the test:
THE AMP IS FOR YOUR TEST THE SAME AMP.
1) Take 10 different brands. (1 Fender, 1 Epi...TEN DIFFERENT BRANDS.
2) Protect the headstock, "avoiding "to see which guitar.
3) PLUG IN & PLAY.

I am certain that if (even more skilled players) don't score 10/10
I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR, AND YOU TOO.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TAKE A FEW GUITARS "CORRECTION"

Untrue Lieven I play a strat and always will.I have owned at one time or another Les Paul's Rikenbackers,SG's Telecasters,etc, and still love the sound of a strat the most I may not be able to tell what every guitar sounds like without looking but its not important I found what I want smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I always do that. Who cares what the headstock says. Like Russell, I think the Stratocaster is the most enjoyable to play (and the most versatile with respect to sound) but I've got a Frankenstein copy that feels better than most of the Fender's I've played. I think there are many fine brands out there. I've got an Agile LP copy that I'd put up against a new Gibson anytime (or Epiphone). Like Russell says, we all like what we like. Oh...let's that forget how nice a Telecaster is to play!!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I like what I can afford.

Most electric guitars can be adjusted to play the way you would like but to get the tone or sound you desire is according to the amp and effects that produce it. I think it has alot to do with the player and how well he can play. I'm sure if i got an Eric Clapton series Strat i couldn't get anywhere the same sound from it as he does.

SPEAKING ABOUT USA, FENDER, RELICS, AND HERE THEY COME: THE LITTLE ONCE, Stagg.
etc............
YOU ARE BLINDFOLDED, YOU CAN TOUCH THE GUITAR, PLAY IT.
AN THEN YOU CAN JUDGE, of course this method in every brand.
I have a PRS EG USA: S - S - S and this is amazing, (the problem was that Paul Reed wanted to soon taking a piece of the fender market.
The others S - S - H and H  - S - H
S = single
H = humbucker.

There is a battle between different brands in the 400 - 800$ range

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I prefer Acoustic`s semi acoustic mostly played without a pick, Sorry!

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Perhaps I just missed the point of the question.... are we talking about being able to tell the brand by the sound and feel?  That is really subjective.  In any given brand you are going to find a stinker once in awhile among the gems, and a gem in the bunch of really inexpensive brands out there.  It really boils down to whatever  gives you the "sound" that you are really in to.

I kinda see Russel's point about his Strat (having played a few) and the Tele, and the SG and LP, and etc etc..... I tend to be with Micky on the semi-acoustic though.

For me nothing beats a trio of vintage 57s on a nice hunk of swamp ash or maple cranked through an older tube amp, but then again that  is the sound I was raised on.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

That is more or less what I mean.
MOST IMPORTANT IS THE PLAYER.
If JIMI HENDRIX should play a SQUIER, I am still convinced that it will be difficult to hear if it is a Fender Strat, or Squier (even Stagg)