Omg I know many people will disagree with me, but
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!

Not I! Awesome movie.........

Give everything but up.

Re: Movie thread

Syd1994 wrote:

Omg I know many people will disagree with me, but
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!

WORD!!! love that movie though there were several songs that were slitgtly buchered!

I don't have a good quote so I'm quoting myself... ok I'm done

anyone else?

I've never heard of it. Is it a movie about the Beatles?

30 (edited by badeye 2009-08-24 20:54:01)

A few lessor known flicks that have a good story to them,

"New Waterford Girls"

"The Bay Boy"

"Going Down The Road"

"Freedom Train"

"Second Hand Lion"

Badeye..  cool

one caper after another

dfoskey wrote:

yup its kind of a rock musical it really good

Are1222 wrote:
dfoskey wrote:

It's not about The Beatles but it all revolves around their music.

"Policeman shouts but I don't see him/ They're one thing I don't believe in"
-Tomorrow, 'My White Bicycle'

Lots of great movies out there. These are my categorized Movies. big_smile

Western: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. (Think you used enough dynamite their Butch!)
Sci Fi:Alien. (The first one...I hate remakes)
Action:True Lies. (it's Arnold to da rescue...ya!!!ya!!!)
War: Saving Private Ryan. (One word....Incredible)
Tearjerker: Taking Chance. (I suggest if you haven't seen it than you should.)
                  Pay it Forward. (Awesome message...Don't forget the tissue's)
Fictional: Forest Gump. (Run Forest..Run. As they say across the big pond...BRILL)

KAP

Campy: Hard Days Night (I stayed in the theater and watched it 4 times...I was 10 at the time )
             Help (I stayed in the theater and watched it once... I was Maturing lol)
             Austin Powers (I never thought a mole could be so funny. lol )

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Syd1994 wrote:
Are1222 wrote:
dfoskey wrote:

It's not about The Beatles but it all revolves around their music.

syds right sorry bout that

KAP54 wrote:

Lots of great movies out there. These are my categorized Movies. :D

Western: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. (Think you used enough dynamite their Butch!)
Sci Fi:Alien. (The first one...I hate remakes)
War: Saving Private Ryan. (One word....Incredible)
Tearjerker: Taking Chance. (I suggest if you haven't seen it than you should.)
                  Pay it Forward. (Awesome message...Don't forget the tissue's)
Fictional: Forest Gump. (Run Forest..Run. As they say across the big pond...BRILL)

KAP

Campy: Hard Days Night (I stayed in the theater and watched it 4 times...I was 10 at the time )
             Help (I stayed in the theater and watched it once... I was Maturing :lol:)
             Austin Powers (I never thought a mole could be so funny. :lol: )

That was actually a really good Arnold flick, That and I love me some Jamie Lee Curtis.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

KAP54, if you live campy, then you have GOT to check out Armies of Darkness.  My favorite line is "Good?  Evil?  I'm the one with the boomstick."  The boomstick is a cheap hunting rifle from a K-Mart/Walmart sort of store that gets transported to a fantasy middle age sort of place along with a store clerk.  That's right, a Walmart(y) store clerk with a cheap hunting rifle has to save all of civilization from zombies.  It's a campy movie worth watching.  A pizza, a couple guys, and a six pack (or two depending on how many guys you have over) helps.  It also helps if you start it at, like, 10:40PM on a Friday after a rough week at work. 

I like the category thing, so I'm going to nominate Payback with Mel Gibson as a good revenge movie.  My favorite line from that movie "Now that's just mean." 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

37 (edited by selso 2009-08-26 22:25:05)

Zurf wrote:

KAP54, if you live campy, then you have GOT to check out Armies of Darkness.  My favorite line is "Good?  Evil?  I'm the one with the boomstick."  The boomstick is a cheap hunting rifle from a K-Mart/Walmart sort of store that gets transported to a fantasy middle age sort of place along with a store clerk.  That's right, a Walmart(y) store clerk with a cheap hunting rifle has to save all of civilization from zombies.  It's a campy movie worth watching.  A pizza, a couple guys, and a six pack (or two depending on how many guys you have over) helps.  It also helps if you start it at, like, 10:40PM on a Friday after a rough week at work. 

I like the category thing, so I'm going to nominate Payback with Mel Gibson as a good revenge movie.  My favorite line from that movie "Now that's just mean." 

- Zurf

That was just pillow talk, baby, thats all.  Hail to the king, baby!

Reverend Horton Heat

38 (edited by KAP54 2009-08-26 23:21:29)

That's kinda bizarre you brought up "Armies of Darkness" Zurf. lol That has been on at least 4-5 times in the last 6 months as a late-or later than late movie. Me, not being as young as I us'ta was can never manage to stay awake long enough to  watch it and I always end up kicking myself the next day (I gotta tell you that is starting to hurt). The preview looks hilarious so I guess now I am gonna buy myself a DVD player and rent it. cool

I can't remember skippy's name that stars in it but he has been in other campy movies. His name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't read upside down. lol

Cool..no commercials and instant replay. I love this country.

Thanks for bringing it back into my thought proccess. big_smile

KAP

Ya-Ya!!! Anold will be back,(And Jamie Lee too...please) the question is will it be before he is past his action days? or is he already.
That is why God made the DVD player.

Cool...No commercials and instant replay. I love this country.

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

That's kinda bizarre you brought up "Armies of Darkness" Zurf. lol That has been on at least 4-5 times in the last 6 months as a late-or later than late movie. Me, not being as young as I us'ta was can never manage to stay awake long enough to  watch it and I always end up kicking myself the next day (I gotta tell you that is starting to hurt). The preview looks hilarious so I guess now I am gonna buy myself a DVD player and rent it. cool

I can't remember skippy's name that stars in it but he has been in other campy movies. His name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't read upside down. lol

Cool..no commercials and instant replay. I love this country.

Thanks for bringing it back into my thought proccess. big_smile

KAP

Ya-Ya!!! Anold will be back, the question is will it be before he is past his action days? or is he already.
That is why God made the DVD player.

Cool...No commercials and instant replay. I love this country.

Bruce Cambell

Reverend Horton Heat

R-R-R-R Thanks Matey!!! You just saved me about 10,000 brain cells and 4 hours sleep. lol

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

A LITTLE WORDGAME about my favorites.
THE Beer Hunter.
Forest Jump
Difficult Riding

And a sad one:
- BROKEN BACK CAR CRASH.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Southpaw.....loved "Into the Wild"  It haunted me for days afterward.  And Syd1994, I love "Across the Universe".  We don't go to movies very often unless there's a Star Wars or Star Trek coming out.  Love all of Tim Burton's stuff.  Just watched Coraline the other night.  Other than that, anything with music in it, is my choice! 

A great music/movie one is called, "Once".  With Glen Hansard (from the Irish Band the Frames and who was the guitar player in "The Commimtments) and Marketa Irglova.  It's a new-age musical, as it's not in the same format as most musicals.....there's dialogue without singing but lots of great music that the two characters play together...it's beautifully filmed, very simply, and just a great soundtrack.  They won an oscar for one of the songs I believe.

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

RavenLady wrote:

Southpaw.....loved "Into the Wild"  It haunted me for days afterward.  And Syd1994, I love "Across the Universe".  We don't go to movies very often unless there's a Star Wars or Star Trek coming out.  Love all of Tim Burton's stuff.  Just watched Coraline the other night.  Other than that, anything with music in it, is my choice! 

A great music/movie one is called, "Once".  With Glen Hansard (from the Irish Band the Frames and who was the guitar player in "The Commimtments) and Marketa Irglova.  It's a new-age musical, as it's not in the same format as most musicals.....there's dialogue without singing but lots of great music that the two characters play together...it's beautifully filmed, very simply, and just a great soundtrack.  They won an oscar for one of the songs I believe.

i love once!!
its really funny how they say the f word in a good context!! big_smile

Are1222 wrote:
RavenLady wrote:

i love once!!
its really funny how they say the f word in a good context!! big_smile

Absolutely!  as in "F" you batteries!  wink  Listening to the soundtrack from "Once" as I type this.  wink  Great acoustic stuff on there.

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

"Once" fan here too! Many times the "I'm in band" movies are way cheesey and no where near real. This movie was neither. Funny, cool, inspirational, and very real. I believe it was OLD DOLL that told me Hanspard and Irglova became a "real" dating couple after the movie. Great flick!

Give everything but up.

46 (edited by RavenLady 2009-08-27 16:29:53)

SouthPaw41L wrote:

"Once" fan here too! Many times the "I'm in band" movies are way cheesey and no where near real. This movie was neither. Funny, cool, inspirational, and very real. I believe it was OLD DOLL that told me Hanspard and Irglova became a "real" dating couple after the movie. Great flick!

I love that the director/writer cast "real" musicians in most of the roles.  I read that the film was made for a crazy low amount, like $100,000 or $200,000.  Shot with handheld cam corders from a distance to make Glen and Marketa more at ease....you're right SouthPaw, it was very real and believable.  And it wouldn't surprise me that they got together as a real couple.  They had great chemistry on film!

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

keep it coming!!

48 (edited by Zurf 2009-09-10 03:04:52)

I just watched Ghost Rider on TV last night.  Entertaining.  For those who don't know the movie, it is an adaptation of a comic book.  The main character is a stunt motorcycle rider who sold his soul to protect his father, who continued to ruin his life anyway.  But, because he sold his soul for another out of love rather than for his own gain, it's a glitch in the "contract." 

So, basically, this stunt rider's "payment" is that he is Satan's bounty hunter.  Whenever a demon or soul escapes from Hell, he has to go round it up and return it.  But because he's also a "free" person because of the glitch, he can use the powers for other purposes too.  It's very complicated with it's own set of rules in the bizarre way that long-running comic book series can be.

The movie was a pretty good adaptation of the comics.  And yes, I read them. 

Now, in the movie there was one scene where the Ghost Rider came to the aid of a young woman being mugged.  The next day, the young woman gave a description of the person who assisted her to a TV reporter.  "He was tall, and skinny.  Bony really.  His face was a skull and it was on fire."  "On fire, you say.  How much fire?"  "It was like <chhhhhhhhhhhh> all out to here. <She put her hands about 18" away from the top of her head>  It was a rad look, but it looked good on him.  He totally pulled it off."  I love that scene.  She wasn't freaked out at all by a flaming skeleton riding a motorcycle of chromed bones and chain, just thought it was "a rad look." 

I like the comic book movies.  Never have seen Silver Surfer or The Punisher (either version, Dolph Lundgren or the new guy).  X-men was OK, but I thought Spiderman totally nailed it.  I haven't seen Spiderman 3 yet to see how they pulled off the whole evil Spiderman thing.  I've seen clips and it looks COOL. 

I hope they do Flash sometime, as he was always one of my favorites.  He just didn't give a rip and get all caught up in the "oh dear, what a responsibility, but my desires are torn" angst garbage.  He was having fun abusing the privilege of his powers in silly ways, like playing tennis with himself and seeing how many images of himself dressed in different outfits he could capture in a single shutter release. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

hers a couple the worlds fastest indian and best in show!!

A scene from the Great Movie  " Deliverance"        Dueling Banjos   

Ronny Cox the actor playing guitar is a great entertainer, story teller , folksinger and guitar player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N40d047u-L8

Later, Wayne P