1 (edited by 06sc500 2009-09-04 18:53:09)

Topic: "Still"

An original acoustic solo song, please comment because this is my first "real" piece of music I wrote and recorded and I'd like to come up with more.

www.myspace.com/stephenhooper

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: "Still"

Hi Steven ,I liked the first part,got me a bit when you went into the strumming,found it to much of a contrast,overall thought it was good,nice sounding guitar.

Trevor

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Nice work on this piece Stephen. big_smile
You don't need to hear how good your piece is to come up with more like it.

You got the music in you. big_smile

Well Done Sir

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

ctech wrote:

Hi Steven ,I liked the first part,got me a bit when you went into the strumming,found it to much of a contrast,overall thought it was good,nice sounding guitar.

Trevor

Thanks, I was a little apprenhensive about including the strumming/tapping part in there, but I wanted to have a sort of break in between the melodies.

Switchfoot

KAP54 wrote:

Nice work on this piece Stephen. big_smile
You don't need to hear how good your piece is to come up with more like it.

You got the music in you. big_smile

Well Done Sir

KAP

Thanks much, I just want some feedback from more experienced players so I can improve on the next one.

Switchfoot

Stephen this is a very good arrangement.  Couldn't decide if it reminds me of Eric Johnson or the CSNY song "Find the Cost of Freedom".  The latter moreso because it is short and complex.  I recommend you find a way to layer some lyrics after listening to the CSNY one to see what I mean.  That one in just about 2 minutes is so powerful.  I hope you'll take that as a big compliment as intended.

Steve

AccoustikNoyz wrote:

Stephen this is a very good arrangement.  Couldn't decide if it reminds me of Eric Johnson or the CSNY song "Find the Cost of Freedom".  The latter moreso because it is short and complex.  I recommend you find a way to layer some lyrics after listening to the CSNY one to see what I mean.  That one in just about 2 minutes is so powerful.  I hope you'll take that as a big compliment as intended.

Steve

Thanks much, I'll have to take a listen to the second one.

Switchfoot

hi stephen listened to all your music,you've developed a lovely sound and i don't think you need to change anything just keep doing what you're doing,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

06sc500 wrote:
AccoustikNoyz wrote:

Steve

Thanks much, I'll have to take a listen to the second one.

I did listen to the CSNY song, loved it.  I don't think I'll be adding lyrics to this one, maybe on a future project though.

Switchfoot

I think it's great but the little strum shredd thing doesn't really fit the song. Nice work though

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I love it! It's true that the contrast is a little drastic, but I like the "strum shredd" thing better. almost like the first part doesn't fit as well to with the rest. But really, I love how it is. Contrast can be good.