Topic: NASA vid with music and Condor recordings

Hi all
I'm back with more instrumentals.. sad      smile
The first one is with a video so there something to watch as well. My first foray into matching in sound with film albeit a NASA animation..
I'm very interested in space travel etc where I think man's salvation will ultimately lie..
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =228992393

The Second is called "Condor" I'm afraid you will have to use your imagination on this one.
Please tell me if you think music reminds you of flight or not..  smile
http://www.myspace.com/onlyarkady
Both where recorded and mixed in Magix software.
As always thanks for taking the time to read/listen to lyric less music    smile 
ark

Re: NASA vid with music and Condor recordings

Ark first the video, this is a very nice marriage of animation and music the music really fits well with the assembly on the Condor this I envision another video of this magnificent bird in slow motion flying over the white cliffs of Dover and skimming the oceans surface I'm not an ambient fan but I do enjoy what you have composed it seems you've been busy also nice smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi ark two more beautiful pieces great vid combination and you can imagine the conder flying,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I liked the video

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

I can definitely fell myself flying. I really liked Condor. The NASA video, the song made the film more interesting. It was like watching the Discovery channel. Very well done Ark. Your very good at making imagery come to life in your music. I aspire to do such.
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I still have no video player at MySpace (don't know why, I'll have to Email them I guess) Ark. Do you have the music up elsewhere?

Condor big_smile

Another well written and well mixed piece from you. smile You definitely have a flair for this, which makes me want to see the NASA vid even more. Is that a Cello I hear in there?
Nice choice of instruments.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Russ
Thanks for comment.
I know ambient music is not everyones taste and strangely it's not my most favourite genre of music. At the moment all my melodies seem to come out that way.
I really do envy guys like yourself Phill and Selso and others who can write lyrics and perform their songs.
I guess the grass is always greener as they say...  smile

Daddy
Your comments are alway very welcome. Thanks

Hi marcalan
Thanks for taking the time to watch and listen and for the comment.

Hi Selso
The video was a first for me and I'm not sure if I was trying to make the music or the film  more interesting  smile
The imagery in your lyrics is always first rate..
Thanks for your comment.

Hi Kenny
I couldn't remember if there was a Virtual Cello in Condor so I had a listen and I think it's a suspose to be a trumpet. I probally played around with the sound a bit so...  smile
Thanks for the comment and I hope you can get the myspace video working.

Thanks again for all your comments
ark

Failte Arkady,

On a warm sunny day here on the Emerald i was soaring on thermals in my mind listening to Condor.

Its Beautiful Ark.  You might send  me  the new ones when you can. I'd like to add them to your other recordings. Im away for the weekend to this place.

http://www.ballycotton.com/leisure_walking.htm . For a much needed break. My sis has a summer house here. She is also home
at the moment. so the menu is,  Fresh fish , fresh air, and a wee bacardi or 2  lol

I also will be going back for a week soon with a meditation group, so it would be nice to use your music for this break also.
I know i have your permission already to do so, so Thank You. Ark.

Blessings to you and yours.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Lena
Glad to see you back posting again smile
Thanks for the comment. be delighted to send you the lastest recordings..
Hope you enjoy your weekend away. Ballycotton looks a lovely place.
all the best
ark

Thanks Ark,

Lovely to receive your new recordings. I love them all.  Epiphany is so good .  Music and poetry ?

I loved the piece you wrote to accompany epiphany.   Your a  wee dark horse Arkady, ya never did tell me
you wrote as well ! . I'll just have to take you on our literary tour of Dublin for your next stroll. lol

Much obliged Sir.

Great stuff.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

your a clever dickie mr arkady!

my first thought was; chicken/egg? which came first? did you write the music for the video or did they build the animation around your music? they fit together that well.

i must say that i feel humbled by your skill at composing, your ability to express that music. and the ability to utilise technology to gain the greatest result.

the mix, i'd say is perfect. i might have been tempted to bring the drums further forward, that shows my inexperience. but your mix is perfect! 10/10

i am now going to listen to the second new track...

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

condor.

i feel totally relaxed now, is that guitar or a keyboard? lovely dreaming music, i could picture a beautiful lady in a bath of goats milk and rose petals, relaxing in candle light. you have a great talent my friend.

bye the bye; i read "azincourt" twice while i was on holiday! i took two other books and read them both too. it took about 4-5 days each. azincourt took me 2 days to read it twice! well done bernard cornwell! 5*

have you thought of putting music to one of his stories? it would be an epic though. epic in terms of writing and recording....just a thought.

i only listened to NASA and Condor, as i have only a little time to do anything as i'm off in the morning, so i'll give a little listen when i get home...inspiration music.

great stuff

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phill
Thanks for the comments..
Animation came first purloined from NASA I fitted the sounds around the video just sorta thought it needed something  smile
Never know quite where to bring in the drums myself....
That's a heavily FX guitar on Condor.
Never thought about setting Bernard Cornwell stories to music myself
Though Sharpe has been done on TV..
Azincourt sound like a great book I just got to get hold of a copy..
Have another nice holiday Phill.. smile
Oh your have probably gone already lol
ark