Topic: Zoom 606

I have the chance to buy a Zoom 606 multi effects pedal for $30 from a guy i work with. I've never seen or heard anything about zoom products before.I do get to try it out first though. Does anyone know if this is a good buy or have any feedback on this product? It's still got the price stickers on it  showing that it was once worth $125 but i don't really know how old it is. Any info or personal reviews on this would be appreciated.

Re: Zoom 606

I've used the Zoom 505II for several years...I think the 606 is same features as the 505 with an expression pedal built in. Mine is full of pretty good effects and is easy to program and use. I use mine primarily for playing thru headphones without an amplifier.
The pedal does not seem to be built very sturdy, but then I haven't dropped or subjected mine to any hard or professional use! I don't think you can go wrong for the price of $30. The unit is discontinued though...  hope this helps some...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I dont know much about them but a buddy of mine had a zoom pedal and I loved that thing

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Well i gave it a little test drive last night. It seems to be an ok pedal but i spent more time setting it up than playing it. I've been looking at the digitech rp 125 so could anyone tell me if it's pretty much the same or is it easier to set and play? I'd rather get a good one that i don't have to spend so much time setting up. The zoom does look and feel pretty cheaply made and really the it doesn't sound as good as i would've hoped. Can anyone recommend a multi effects pedal that is under $100 that I can bypass the amps and distortions but still use the effects and modulations and be able to tune each effect to my taste?

I'd say go with the digitech. I think with anything, set up will be a problem until you get more comfortable with it. I dont know much about effects as I generally just play acoustic. I do know Boss makes one heck of a product.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

6 (edited by Riverdales 2009-09-30 16:35:35)

A friend of my uncles wanted to sell my a zoom 505 pedal for 200 bucks. I told him to bring it over so that I could try it. He dropped it off and told me to use it for awhile and if I liked it to call him so I could pay him. Well it turns out he will be spending alot of time in prison so he will not be coming back for 10 to 12. Reason for that story is, it's a cool little effects peddle tons of effects it's very fun once you program it, but that is one draw back it takes awhile to figure out how to work it, but after a little trial and error it's pretty fun. I've never used it for a gig or anything but for practicing or just having some fun outside while drinking some cool refreshment of your choice I'd say for 30 bucks it's a cool deal. I would definitley not pay 200 dollars!!!!!!!!!! It also has it's own web site where they have premade patches and some members submit their own custom patches. One more thing is that it goes through batteries like crazy, definitley buy a power adapter.  http://www.safaricomputers.com/505/

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

I appreciate the replys guys but i think i'll just save up an go for the Boss ME70 it has just what i'm looking for. If your looking for an effects pedal that you can adjust anything on it on the fly this one looks like a winner to me.