Topic: Chords to "Changes" by Phil Ochs

** copyright material removed **

This doesn't reflect any big brain on my part.
I've played this for 40+ years  and learned it
from the original sheet music.

Re: Chords to "Changes" by Phil Ochs

Jollywally you can not post chords or lyrics to copyrighted material on Chordie in any forum.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Welcome to Chordie Jollywally!

Please heed Russell's comment about copyrighted material.... similar sites to Chordie have been accosted by the MPA for violating conventions.  One that comes to mind is OLGA.net  which I think is down for the count as we write this.

You  will find that everyone here on Chordie are committed to encouraging scholarship of music, promoting the artists, and assisting the new generation of aspiring composers and performers in achieving their personal goals.  All are welcome here, and there are a few guidelines that we have to adhere to in order to protect this valuable asset, and the community of which it is made.

In each of the forum areas, you will see at the top of the section bits of informational postings labeled "sticky".  Those postings are presented by the moderators and always remain at the head of the topic listings to serve as general guidelines as to the content of each respective section.  If you have questions or comments to present to the membership, you will get the best and quickest response by choosing the section that best reflects the area of your topic.  Not that you might not be noticed elsewhere, it is just that many of us have expertise in some areas and less to contribute in others, and may not notice your query and get a response to you in a timely manner.

Once again Welcome aboard, visit often, and don't be shy about sharing your thoughts with us.  We all have common interests, and Chordie is making the world a smaller, closer knit society of humanity, one note at a time!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

lmao at jollywolly's comment,

"This doesn't reflect any big brain on my part.
I've played this for 40+ years  and learned it
from the original sheet music."

sheer snobbery, I love laughing at snobs withtheir self centred ego tripping comments.

so ye didnt need a big brain as in a clever brain to work something out? good on ye snob

played for 40 years? so yer a master at the guitar yet I have not seen ye on tv I dont think, snob

and eeewww congrats ye can read sheet music, so can I but I would rather read the chords like they are wrote down on chordie ya snob.

Looks like yer first post in chordie was to let everyone know how great you are. and also if I am not mistaken the content you got removed ( because you couldnt be bothered to read any rules for chordie) was correcting a song that was on chordie?
Chordie takes songs from.......na, stuff it, read the resources yerself to find out what chordie is all about.

Also I would like to inform you that sheet music you buy in the shops is not always correct. Sheet music ye get is not always the stuff the band has written but someone elses interpetation of the music

now, have you got anything nice to say? I have to those that are nice but not to snobs

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken,
I hope if someone iritates you, don't hold back. Just give em a good tonque lashing smile

Later, Wayne P

hmmm osrry if i come across that way,
I just let some things iritate me that shouldnt really but then they should read things and they should not come in here and make their first post as a mr know it all. There will be probably a lot of folk in here that know a lot more than him probably unless he is eric clapton in disguise, if so then my full grumbling appologies but i tihnk not!
I dont even think we will hear from this guy again as he jus came to tell us how great he is.

I am all for everyone speaking their mind ( I cannot relaly complain if anyone does can I? lol )
but their is speaking your mind and down right " I know everything and this site is wrong" sort of person.
the only thing i am against is more women drivers coming on the roads lol lol

OK time for me to go into hiding

Ken

upyerkilt wrote:

hmmm osrry if i come across that way,
I just let some things iritate me that shouldnt really but then they should read things and they should not come in here and make their first post as a mr know it all. There will be probably a lot of folk in here that know a lot more than him probably unless he is eric clapton in disguise, if so then my full grumbling appologies but i tihnk not!
I dont even think we will hear from this guy again as he jus came to tell us how great he is.

I am all for everyone speaking their mind ( I cannot relaly complain if anyone does can I? lol )
but their is speaking your mind and down right " I know everything and this site is wrong" sort of person.
the only thing i am against is more women drivers coming on the roads lol lol

OK time for me to go into hiding

Ken

I wish I had a clever remark but I just plain agree with you. Hell froze over and nobody told me.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I didn't read the copyright stuff, my total bad. As for all the mild flames - jeeez, sorry.  I mistakenly thought this was one of those forums dedicated to the individual/ collective enjoyment of music, especially showing people nice, often varied, arrangements of song/tunes. I back a group of DooWop singers and would be lost without Chordie to guide me as I can ill afford sheet music these days. When I COULD afford it, it often was flawed. I am always grateful when someone turns me on to a beautiful arrangement they have and try to share stuff I have. BTW - I only substituted 3 different chords in one line of Phil Ochs' classic - and was apologizing in advance to the site/forum audience for looking like I knew better. OK? Cheers.

jollywally - yes, your bad on the copyright stuff... also on posting in the wrong location... and perhaps there was a little "horn tooting" going on there.  Next time, maybe explain yourself better or get to know everyone and the site a little better before just throwing things out there.  An intro in the chat corner would have been good perhaps.  Or, maybe jump into some valid discussion elsewhere and make a contribution.  A late "Welcome to the forum"... I do hope you take a little time to read thru about the forum (they all have rules), and about the site so that you can actually enjoy it.

Ken's been known to share his opinion freely.  Honestly I do occasionally enjoy hearing people's thoughts that might be better kept to themselves in different settings.  We're going to talk about this over breakfast... Ken, I'm on my way over to your house... I'll pick you up... I'M driving! wink  LOL!! smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

lol OK mekidsmom
but when ye get here I will take over the driving lol lol either that or fill me with whisky so I have an excuse not to sit in the mans seat.....oooops, I mean the driver's seat lol

JOlly, got the email thanks. And appologies for coming across in whatever bad way I did.

eh, im going to do a post now elsewhere

Ken

Och,Aye,  Ken. Just wanted to acknowledge my transgression, establish my good faith and go through the beat-down as bravely as I could. Chordie is a major asset to thousands and I just hope I can figure out how to contribute. I've seen a few of your replies and quite frankly they inspire me to log on try to help. Mum says to say Hi. Cheers, Joll-E