Topic: Lookin to jam in portland or

looking for any players from any genre playing any instruments to jam.  acoustic, electric, whatever.  i have space at my home but also willing to meet anywhere in the portland metro area.  i like playing all types of music and am always eager to learn new styles and techniques.  shoot me an email and lets jam.

cheers
billy
renzb@live.com

Re: Lookin to jam in portland or

Portland Oregon, or Portland Maine?

It makes a difference in the commute time.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Poretland OR.  i put it in the heading but should have been more clear....

is portland in america or is it a country i have never heard of?

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

PORTLAND OREGON USA

Howdy Renzb, and Welcome to CHordie!

Nice to see another Oregonian hanging out here.  Only thought there were three of us, despite all the outstanding musicians and groups coming out of the Pacific Northwest.  Man you should be able to find a bunch of good venues for jam sessions and open mic nights in the metro area I would think.  You might drop an e-mail off to justasinger54 over in Seaside, he used to live in the Portland area and still has family in the PDX zone.... seems to me that he knew a few folks up that way and might be able to direct you to some contacts.  Worth asking anyway.

I'm a bit South of you down here in Beaver Country about 85 miles down the pike, keep in touch and we might be able to gather enough bodies to put something together of a weekend (weather permitting).  Mike is the other Oregon Picker hanging out around Coos Bay (well South and West of me here in the mid-valley) these larger States have some serious real estate between cities and Chordians.... makes it hard to get together but we can communicate.

Nice meeting ya, and Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

thanks for the post doug.  i used to live in corvallis, is that what you meant by beaver country?  i had a band down there called Deep Fried Hillbilly maybe you heard of us?   anyway, i make it down there every so often, it would be great to get together with some new people and make some tunes.  im still searchinfor some players up here but i've been real busy with work and whatnot.  keep me posted if you hear anything or if your makin a trek this way, i'd really enjoy makin music with some new faces.  always looking to learn new techniques and find inspiration.  talkk with you later.

billy