Re: Printing problems

Thanks a lot for the good bug reports, ramans.

I have fixed multiple print problems. I think all the problems you reported should be fixed for IE6, IE7 and Firefox. Could you please check.

I have not tested in Opera yet.

Cool, I'm excited to check it out, do I need to re-create my songbooks or were these other issues?

thanks!

-Raman

Most likely you will not have to recreate your songbook.

Looks pretty good, now I'm just seeing some issues with individual songs, for instance the version of Little Wing called (Little Wing Easy) by Jimi Hendrix the last bit of tab at the end is all rammed together, ditto Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton (version that's in my book) I've done a revert to original on these and still see the same issues, I'll try re-creating.

Thank you so much for hammering these out! Awesome!

-R

Great. Lets fix the last issues as well.

Could you please post an url to where you are seeing this problem. Preferably an url from the index (not from the songbook).

I am going to make a new version of the print stylesheet, so now is the best time to get these errors out of the way.

I keep attempting to add a post and it's crashed on me twice now (actually the first time it looked like it succeeded but then it hadn't) now the server failed.

The song prints correctly by itself but now as part of my songbook it prints in a propotional font instead of fixed pitch rendering the tab useless.

Also songs with a title and an artist in the header are now printing with the string "}{ST:" between the two instead of a space.

I will add an office print out file if I can in the next post, in order to try to avoid losing this text for the third time.

-R

I keep getting a time out in the attempts to upload the file. I'll have to try again later.

I was able to reproduce what you where seeing last time.

If you post the url, I will most likely be able to fix it. What you are seeing is most likely just problem with the server being overloaded. I am moving to a more powerful server very soon.

I'm sorry I don't quite follow. You were able to reproduce the string problem above with the artist name and song title?

For the bug with the wrong fonnt being used the URL I was using was my shared songbook which is posted above, it wasn't reproducing when I print the song individually so that URL wouldn't be useful I would think. But if it is let me know and I'll figure it out.

-R

The lyrics and chords aren't right on this site anyway.  Go over to cowboy lyrics and copy the lyrics to a writing program such as microsoft word and change the fonts to whatever you want.

DJ Cormier
[url=http://www.bigdjindustriez.tk]www.bigdjindustriez.tk[/url]
myspace.com/bigdjindustriez

Sorry. I just didn't understand you were talking about the same songbook.

The problem with the "}{st:" should be solved.

I am unable to see examples of tabs that are formatted with a proportional font. Could you point me to a specific song in your songbook? In what browser are you experiencing this problem?

The song "little wing easy v1" prints in a proportional font, but only while in my song book, deleting it and re-adding does not change it.

I still can't post attachments... This occurs in both Firefox and IE7. Haven't tried opera. The song "Wonderful tonight" prints with an extra space between each line of the tabs, making it difficult to read.

I still can't seem to get a file to upload, maybe they're too large they're at 1.7mb right now. If you can't see it with the book that's already there, I'll see if I can get some time to create a new book with those songs and see what happens.

-Raman

Could you try converting your screenshots to jpg? They will be a lot smaller.

I can verify this error and you do not have to post the screenshot. It is on the top of my todo-list. Thanks a lot for finding and describing this bug.

So the last round I printed a week ago and took on vacation with me I noticed that the top line of chords on the non-first page of the song (2nd-N) were missing, so the first line of lyric would be there but not the first line of chords, if that makes sense.

this was my song book printed from Firefox.

-R

Please post the url to that song.

Ok, here's one, Herman's Hermits "There's a Kind of Hush"

<a href="http&#58;&#47;&#47;www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=70876" target="_blank">  http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.u … tar.com/pr int.php?what=tab&id=70876</a>

It creates a large white space at the top and ends up printing on a second page, which is unnecessary.

I've used Firefox and IE on a Mac and PC, it does the same on both.

aha,

I know what ye mean.

On the page it looks like there is no big space of blankness, then you print it and there is.

I have had this a few times.

It is easily rectified if it is in your songbook.

Firstly go into your songbook and click on edit for te song.

Then take away all the ### 's and any other thing that doesnt look right. Have it so in the edit part of the song the song starts after the Band name and the title.

this should help you with your big gap of nothingness.

Also this helps when you see a song and some lyrics start a few lines into the song, but if you go in edit, you will see the missing words are actually there.

hope this helps

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

just print the same song book again to a file and start flipping through it note the missing chord signs. I'm still working with the same song book as I believe I indicated in my post.

-R

Attached is a pdf of the songbook as it prints for me, look at the song "Hey Julie" and "Somewhere over the rainbow" look at their second pages.

Hi Admin,

I tried Sending you a PM but I don't think it went through for some reason. Is this enough info to reproduce the bug or do you need something else?

thanks!

-Raman

Sorry for the late reply. Ive been very busy lately.

Yes, I can reproduce the problem. I am however not 100% sure how to fix it.

The problem is really a browser bug, and the chords are written outside the print-area in the browser.

I will do some experimenting here with different css setting.

Here is something that MIGHT work in the meantime (have not had time to test):

* Another browser (Firefox)

* Try turning off top-bottom-header in the print dialog

* Set top-bottom-margins to 0

I understand you're busy, seems to be an epedemic, but I had seen replies to a lot of other posts so I was worried you were waiting on me!

The PDF file I posted is from FIREFOX so that suggestion isn't going to do anything, I'll try the margins.

-R

Any further progress on this bug? I'm wondering if it's time to try printing my song book again? I know you've been busy with the server/software changes so I didn't think you'd have gotten to it but I figured it was worth checking in.

thanks,

-Raman

The attachment seem to have been lost when I migrated to the new server. Could you send it to admin@chordie.com?

I can't figure out how to post an attachment in the new software...