Topic: Exercise Songs

No not the kind of exercise where you have to get out of your chair. Songs that exercise your fingers and get you limbered up with quick chord changes.
I like to do Fairest Lord Jesus. It gets my fingers working even though it's not a fast song.
I also like Proud Mary. These songs are probably easy for most of you but remember. My forum name was going to be Fumble Fingers till I found out it was already used.
   Anyone else have a warm up song or songs?

PS Welcome to all the newcomers.Good to hear from you.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: Exercise Songs

For reasons I can't fathom, I always play "Greensleeves" as a warmup.

for me it's "Ophelia" by the band.

Badeye

one caper after another

For barre chords I find anything in the key of "C " (C, F & G) very helpful.

Nela

Deadstring, try Willie Nelson's version of Unclouded Day (Key of "F") for some quick chord changes. Just capo 3rd fret and play in "D".

Nela

Deadstring, forget a'nuther one. To My Mansion in The Sky (Alan Jackson' version) Key of "G"

Nela

Thanks NELA.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

hi deadstring,I almost always do norwegian wood  and baby I love your way by peter frampton.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

8 (edited by StranSongs 2009-11-06 13:05:55)

Try this version of Fly Me To The Moon - using barre chords where possible. I'm still hoking around to get the right feel in the chords, but it gets the finger fluids juicin'.

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

It's like a physical cryptic crossword.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis