Topic: MY MISTRESS CHESS

yes I have a mistress and her name is chess and she vies for my attention from my main love music if I do not compose or practice its because of her and music is jealous because of the attention and time I spend away from her,for the last few days I have been following the Tal Memorial tournament in Moscow held once a year in memory of Mikhail Tal a former world champion who passed away several years ago all the best players in the world gather to win this most prestigious prize, winner of the Tal Memorial,this year it was won by a 18 yr old genius from Norway Magnus Carlsen who is now the highest rated player in the world (2800+) and here is a glimpse of this phenom in action at the blitz tournament in Moscow smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yD5rOj … _embedded#

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: MY MISTRESS CHESS

OK Russell.... but can she cook?

Thanks for the video link also, three minute Blitz!  I can remember playing tens, but I'm not sure I could open in under three. LOL

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

hey Doug yeah things have changed in the chess world did you see the clocks they were useing? not like the old windup ones I started with,I enjoy the blitz games and I just got a new chess clock its analog (battery) it will do for now but im getting me one of the new ones digital like in the video next month when the eagle flys and the mistress dont have to cook I do all that myself I am especially good at frozen pizza in a microwave lol

You know...  I was going to make a comment on the clocks as well.  Great minds and all that!  I was thinking that my clock had a dial and a key to wind it up.... and two smallish brass buttons to toggle between players by stopping one of two hands that swept around the dial.  Positively Antique!  Have no idea what became of it.... could come in handy after we all run out of fossil fuel and have to entertain ourselves by candlelight again.  They got one that recharges via solar cell?  That'd be cool.

Check....

Take Care;
Doug

It takes a special kind of geek to watch chess on the internet. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thank you Zurf us mutants are all geeks lol

Darn Russell, we are certainly on the same wavelength tonight!   I was going to say "mostly Mutants".  But Brother Zurf has a point,
not as exciting as Futbol for darn sure!

Take Care;
Doug

Hi russull,I always wanted to learn the game,seems like I never could sit still long enough,I have a bad time with monopley. I think I will stick with football and nascar racing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dino most people think that chess is a hard game to learn the truth is that its really simple once you know how the pieces move and what the object of the game is,there are many sites on the internet that offer free help I am a member of chesscorner.net it dont cost money to be a guest and you get to play other members and they have lots of information for beginners and instructions so its easy to learn if someone has the time and the desire and learning how to read music is a lot harder then learning how to play chess smile

This is blitz chess not the kind where cobwebs grow waiting for your opponant to move a piece but fast action when with only 2 seconds left on your clock its possible to make 15 to 20 moves and win smile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVHpBbZt … r_embedded

Chess is one game where dumb luck is not a factor.
There are no dice to roll, no cards in a certain order. All is out in the open for everyone to see.
Skill, experience and imagination are all that is required.
Gotta love that.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Russell_Harding wrote:

Thank you Zurf us mutants are all geeks lol

I'm glad you knew I was teasing.  I was actually president of my high school chess club my junior and senior years.  I haven't played in decades, though.  No way I'd play you.  I think we both already know very well who would win that match. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf so your a closet geek lol there's chess for fun and chess for blood (tournaments for money) I just play for fun (at the moment)I get a kick out of destroying someone and watching them try and squirm there way out of a well laid trap lol

I used to play chess a lot and i enjoyed watching them play with the timers.  I could never play that fast and know exactly what i was doing.lol

good clip Russell

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

OK Russell.... but can she cook?

Witty and answered faster then a chess game, made me bust out laughing sir.

I love it.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

well my lady well said,and how are things on the emerald isle are you getting a wee bit of the cold weather yet? smile

yea Ken it is a bit fast not what most people think when chess is mentioned it takes split second decisions and good hand eye coordination to play and win against a grandmaster smile

upyerkilt wrote:

I used to play chess a lot and i enjoyed watching them play with the timers.  I could never play that fast and know exactly what i was doing.lol

good clip Russell

Ken

toots that reminds me of a quote from Emanule Lasker he was the world champion for 27 yrs (longest reigning champion) he said "in chess lies and hyprocracy do not survive long" and the only truth is the posistion on the board smile

tubatooter1940 wrote:

Chess is one game where dumb luck is not a factor.
There are no dice to roll, no cards in a certain order. All is out in the open for everyone to see.
Skill, experience and imagination are all that is required.
Gotta love that.
toots

Hi russell, I thank you for the web site I think I will go there and check it out. Iwas listining to some old stones music today and they played little red rooster.It brought to mind your playing the glass slide,maybe we will hear you play it some day.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

you never know Dino I kind of favor the delta blues style and some zydeco,my favorite song by the stones is Lady Jane and I still enjoy Donovan's songs smile

dino48 wrote:

Hi russell, I thank you for the web site I think I will go there and check it out. Iwas listining to some old stones music today and they played little red rooster.It brought to mind your playing the glass slide,maybe we will hear you play it some day.

Howdy Old Doll,

I'm pleased you were amused.  Granted, I'm no Dara O'Brian, and certainly not a Tommy Tiernan,  but if it is true that laughter keeps you young..... my Wife, should be ageless!

Take Care;
Doug