Topic: Just Keeping In Touch

Hi all my guitar friends all over the world.
As we approach the festive season.
I have attached this most lovely song
Enjoy
Pastor Laurence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jr-2eyRtV4

Re: Just Keeping In Touch

Good to see you again pastor.  lovely song by a lovely lady indeed.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

That song is like Amazing Grace. Beautiful no matter who sings it.
(Not trying to hi jack Pastor's thread) but my favorite of all the many ways I have heard Amazing Grace performed was in 1980. I was working for the local highway department and we were in the process of widening a dirt road for paving. I operated a rubber tired excavator and was first on the work site. It was a beautiful summer morning in the hills of North West Louisiana. I was slouched down in the drivers seat with the engine off and my feet sticking through the drivers door window. The door was open. Low and behold this elderly grey haired black lady came out of her house and headed for the garden with bucket in hand. She began singing and it was just beautiful. No music other than her voice and a certain amount of echo produced by the area. I'll never forget.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

deadstring, you should have walked over and told her.  It would have made her day, i'll bet.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

deadstring, you should have walked over and told her.  It would have made her day, i'll bet.

I did but not at that very moment. I had many good talks with her before the job was complete. She eventually wound up in the nursing home and I had the privilege to sing and play for her and the others there before she went on to Glory.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Good job, deadstring.

nela

Good story deadstring.  She made your day and you made hers.  We need more of that in this world.

Thanks you guys for the interesting comments between each other
That is what a family shoul be doing. One asking for the butter
while another waits for the knife.
Nela check your website entry.
I clicked on it unfortuanatly It won't open.
May be just something which you left out.
Every Blessing
Pastor Laurence

Glad to see yopu back on PastorLaurence, we've missed you!

Deadstring, what a moving story, Ithink it's great that you got to know here, and then played for her and the others at the nursing home, kinda brings to mind the old John Prine song "Hello In There"

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Greetings Pastor Laurence, pleased to meet you.

One of the things that differentiates Chordie from all the other sites out there is the "Familial Atmosphere".  After a few years and several hundred postings, and reading a few hundred more, you do get a sense that this is truly a "Community" although we are hundreds of miles apart and share just a few common traits.... other than music and species.

That Chordie is not a Commercial Enterprise, and has such a broad following should be credited to Per and his vision.  We are fortunate to have such a valuable resource available, such good friends, and helpful membership.  Thanks to All, and Welcome to
Chordie!

Making the World a Smaller Place.... one note at a time.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

^ Very well said Doug. I feel the same way.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Pastor, you have a way of starting beautiful threads on this forum. God bless you, and keep it up.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

13 (edited by dfoskey 2009-11-20 12:11:36)

Welcome back Pastor you've been missed. I agree with the others that more friendly communion with each other is a good thing and i'm glad i joined this forum for just that. I just wish i had more to offer the kind people here on chordie. It's great that music can help bring so many people together from all aspects of life from all over the world.

I would suggest to all! If you really want a blessing, grab a guitar and go to the nearest nursing home and speak to the directors. See if they won't agree to you doing a 30 minute program for the residents. It can be but does not have to be Gospel content. I promise you and they will receive a blessing. These folks have little to brighten their days.

Thank you Pastor!  Beautiful indeed!  deadstring, I'm hoping that my new pup will eventually make a great therapy dog so that I can do just that with her.  In the mean time... perhaps I should seek out the nursing home residents to practice my guitar upon.  I imagine they wouldn't care too much if I'm not so good... just having a visit and a bit of music regardless of the ability would prolly make a world of difference either way.  THANK YOU for the suggestion!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Thank you Pastor!  Beautiful indeed!  deadstring, I'm hoping that my new pup will eventually make a great therapy dog so that I can do just that with her.  In the mean time... perhaps I should seek out the nursing home residents to practice my guitar upon.  I imagine they wouldn't care too much if I'm not so good... just having a visit and a bit of music regardless of the ability would prolly make a world of difference either way.  THANK YOU for the suggestion!

Please give it a try and see if your not blessed by it! They appreciate the effort put forth. (Let us know how it goes.)

Thanks all you GREAT people all around the world.
You also have a way with words that compliment and encourage
Otherwise none of us would bother with the forum.
Here is what I want for Christmas
ENJOY
Pastor Laurence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMfcfYcIDbg

lol lol lol

Pastor Laurence, would you like it wrapped ? [Big grins.] Red or gold bows ?.

Im gonna learn that song for the festive season. Its a fun song. The wee ones will love it.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !